The only cleaner I have currently been using is Seventh Generation's Multi Purpose Cleaner. I realized it's not made for windows, though, and my windows are pretty dirty. Instead of buying a chemical-filled cleaner I decided to do some research and find a safe and effective alternative. My research brought me to Crunchy Betty's website where she has a few different recipes (and reviews of them).
I love that the ingredients are harmless so I don't have to worry about having poison control on speed dial. I cut the recipe in half from the original because it wouldn't all fit into the spray bottle. It is one cup of warm water, 1/8 cup (1 ounce) of white vinegar, and 1 tablespoon cornstarch. My windows look so much cleaner and I don't notice the vinegar smell lingering. I'm excited to start making more cleaners, now I just need to invest in some spray bottles! My next venture is to try out my homemade spider repellent and wool dryer balls, stay tuned.
(yes I practically live on top of a greenhouse...)
(I'm also slightly obsessed with Post-It Super Sticky Removable Label Pads)
Other posts in the series:
Green Summer Products
Green Diapering Products
Homemade Laundry Soap
2 comments:
Dollar store has spray bottles in all kinds of colors! I love homemade cleaners! It puts my mama heart at ease knowing that Lexi is crawling/standing in things that arent guna hurt her! The only thing i didnt like about the window cleaner i made was the vinegar smell did linger :/
Yes. Calling poison control is not fun! Natural cleaners are my next adventure! :)
Post a Comment