Monday, April 16, 2012

30 before 30

In honor of my 25th birthday and the fact that I love lists, I have decided to start a 30 before 30.  I've actually been working on this list for over a year (ever since I realized I wasn't going to come close to finishing my most recent 101 Things in 1001 Days list.)  This post will serve as the official list and keeping track of my progress on the list.  I chose some bigger, and slightly expensive tasks to complete.  I figure I have 5 whole years, I should be able to get them done :)

Start Date: April 25, 2012
End Date: April 25, 2017

pink = complete
grey = in progress
  1. Go climbing
  2. Run a marathon
  3. Host a 5-course dinner party
  4. Pay off all of our student loans (very ambitious, but I'm remaining optimistic)
  5. Buy a house
  6. Go raw for one week or do a raw cleanse
  7. Start and maintain a wine and liquor collection
  8. Make all the recipes on the 10 hardest recipes to make list (1/10)
    1. Savory Soufflé
    2. Coq Au Vin (I've made this before)
    3. Mole
    4. Beef Wellington
    5. Napoleons
    6. Paella
    7. Puff Pastry
    8. Baked Alaska
    9. Croissants
    10. Sour Dough Bread
  9. Read the entire Bible
  10. Go on a nice trip for our 5-year anniversary
  11. Decide on a career path: finish counseling degree, finish MDiv degree, pick a new degree, become a certified doula, become a yoga instructor
  12. Buy at least 2 items off of my wishlist: coffee table, living room rug, bedroom rug, nightstands, bench,
  13. Learn how to shoot a gun
  14. Get our wills set up, including living wills
  15. Go zip-lining
  16. Have a real emergency savings account (ideally 6 months savings of ALL our bills)
  17. Go to the dentist and dermatologist yearly (Dentist 0/5; Dermatologist 0/5)
  18. Buy a DSLR camera
  19. Make a yearly photo album
  20. Finally get the tattoo I've been planning
  21. Adopt a dog
  22. See the Aurora Borealis
  23. Take professional family photos once a year
  24. Become semi-fluent in a language other than English
  25. Buy a boat that can be used for fishing or water sports
  26. Create a home inventory for insurance purposes and have a fireproof/waterproof safe for documents and backup hard drive.
  27. Get 2 stamps in my passport
  28. Find a yoga class I will attend regularly (must make a 6-month commitment for this to count)
  29. Naturally dye my hair
  30. Have a huge party for my 30th birthday
 Some things that didn't make the list:
  • Take the kids to Disney World - I felt like this would be better experienced when they're a little older. W would only be 6 and baby girl would be 4 by 2017 (only, they sound so old at that point!)
  • Do karaoke - I decided I have no desire to try this
  • Go to Europe - A really isn't big on going to Europe, he's content with Mexico or staying in the US. This is on my bucket list
  • Convince A of baby #3 - I'm not saying a 3rd child is out of the question, but I think I'll be content being a family of 4
  • Have a full spa day - This is A's gift to me for my 25th birthday, so I figured it was cheating to be able to cross it off immediately

2 comments:

Holly said...

I love ALL of these items!!!

You can definitely run a marathon! Start with the Couch to 5K program whenever you want to start running and I guarantee you will get started :)

I think you'd make a great yoga instructor! And a doula would be awesome, too.

Let's go zip lining together!!!! I've always wanted to do that, and I know they have great places in Hocking Hills. We should plan a weekend trip there sometime :) And we can get tattoos together then because I'm too chicken to get one alone.

Yesss to the huge party for your 30th!!! :-D

I really do love this list! I'm excited to see you cross the items off :)

Danielle said...

I adore your list!! This is such a cute idea!
*I agree, you wouod be a great yoga instructor.
*a 5 course dinner party? Yes, please!!
*I dont even drink alcohol and I want a collectoon too!
*going raw, sorry you are on your own for that one
*i want a dslr camera too- very very badly
*and i think 3 kids!

Okay, ill stop now before i comment on all if them :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...