Sunday, November 7, 2010

christmas gifts

51. Buy a toy for Toys for Tots (Cinderella Puzzle and Dalmatian, November 5, 2010)
93. Make up a complete box for Operation Christmas Child (November 5, 2010)


I've been wanting to do both of these items for the past few years, but I always get caught up in the holiday season and I never remember to buy stuff on time. This year we are way on top of things! My church provided the boxes and the list of items to go in a box, so all we had to do was go shopping! While out shopping we were asked if we wanted to donate a toy to Toys for Tots and of course I said yes (refer back to my post on tithing). I also had bought the dalmatian to donate as well, so we were able to give two toys this year. Aaron and I decided to shop for a 5-9-year-old boy and we had a lot of fun picking out toys. The deadline is November 14th for the boxes, so I'd say we were pretty on top of it this year. I hope this is something we can do every year, I think it would be fun to go shopping with our kids and let them help fill boxes and pick out toys for other kids.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...