Monday, February 25, 2008

Around Campus

6. Have an all-night pray vigil (October 20, 2008)

In the fall, the Religious Life Council sponsored a 24-hour prayer vigil. As the president, I coordinated the event and found people for each of the hours. I ended up having 3 hours that weren't filled, so I prayed during those hours. It ended up being a great experience and I really enjoyed putting it together and finding filling people to fill the spots. We held it in the meditation/prayer room (see picture below).

27. Find a mediation spot on campus (September 7, 2006)


Ok so I was rather unoriginal with this one, but I used the mediation room on campus. It's such a beautiful and peaceful room that I couldn't help it. Plus it's perfect no matter the weather conditions. The first picture is of the alter in the room (it is surrounded by chairs). There are prayer rocks, devotionals, lots of Bibles, and a prayer shawl...lots of fun stuff to try out! The second picture is a picture of the windows that go all the way around the room. I couldn't get a good picture with the lighting, but I tried. They cast a really pretty blue in the room at night (the room is available 24 hours).
84. Pray aloud for a group (October 9, 2006)

Freshmen and Sophomore year I belonged to a women's Bible study called Sister's in the Spirit. This was the first group I felt comfortable praying aloud for, and since then I've got up the courage to pray in front of my congregation! This picture was from our Christmas party, I miss these girls :-(

92. Join a new group on campus (February 5, 2007)

I joined Kappa Phi back in February and it has been one the best decisions I've made. For those of you who don't know, it's actually not a sorority. It is a Christian women's service group. I love the girls in the group and this year I have the opportunity to serve as the Chaplain of the group! This is a picture from our Degree of the Light, when I became a member.

101. Keep a plant alive for at least a month (August 2006 and still going strong!)

This is the plant my grandma gave to me. She said it's nearly impossible to kill which is perfect for me. It is currently gracing the coffee table in our living room, but I'm afraid it is not receiving enough sunlight :-(

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...