Thursday, June 12, 2014

A visit to the dermatologist

6. Go to the dermatologist (May 6, 2014)

This is something I've been needing to do.  My om was diagnosed with Basal cell skin cancer in 2006 and I went to the dermatologist shortly after that, but that was the last time I went.  I had some moles on my back that I wanted to get looked at and turns out one of them was rated as severe pre-cancerous and I had to have it fully removed.  I just had the surgery today and it didn't go quite like I was thinking.  I ended up getting internal and external stitches and I'm not allowed to pick up anything heavier than 5 pounds for 10 day or lift my hands above my head until my stitches come out (in 3 weeks!)  This is something that had to be done, I just wish I would have been more prepared for this "recovery" time.
pre-op

post-op

I'm no so sure I want to see how it looks under the bandage! I can't take it off til Saturday, so we'll see :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...