Thursday, March 21, 2013

E is 8 months :)



Sleep: I wish I could say this month we had a huge improvement, but we're still having a terrible time with sleeping.  Halfway through the month, we went back to swaddling her and had a slight improvement (her naps went from a half hour to over an hour - with one being 2+ hours) but after about 2 weeks of that, she has gone back to taking 3 40 minute naps.   She has had more nights of sleeping longer stretches (2+ hours) sleeping in the pack n play, but after she wakes up from the long stretch she wants nothing to do with going back to sleep in it so I'm co-sleeping half the night.  I am still nursing her to sleep, most nights, but I think she is getting to the point where she won't be needing it soon.  Our routine is something like this: awake around 7 or 8, nap around 9/9:30, nap around 1, nap around 4 (she is slowly dropping off her 3rd nap though, W had already dropped his 3rd nap by this point), in bed 7:30/8.

Food: At her weight check a few weeks ago, the doctor wanted us to add yogurt for breakfast to help her gain some weight. She loved eating it, but it seemed to really bother her belly. We stopped for now and I'm going to only offer it every once and awhile.  Right after she turned 7 months, she started eating purees without a problem.  She loves fruits, but she gets super dramatic about veggies.  She spits them at me and makes gagging faces when she gets a spoonful of veggie (especially carrots, green beans, and peas).  She eats about 4 ounces of puree for lunch and for dinner right now. She loves snacking on puffs and melts, and she enjoys self-feeding (egg, veggie chunks, bread, etc).

Diaper size: 3

Clothes: 3-6 months with a few 6-9 month PJs

Weight: They didn't tell me exactly how much she weighed at her weight check appointment, but she is around 13.5 lbs

Development: She loves to yell and she will say mama and dada, especially when one of us leaves the room.  The biggest thing this month is that she started to crawl!!  She also loves pulling herself up on things and stomping her feet.

Favorites: Teething toys, especially Sophie and her raspberry teether. Toys that make lots of sounds like her xylophone.

Pics from the month:

 One day she was playing in W's room and when I went to check on her she was sucking on his binkie destroying the bookshelf.  Only binkie she's ever kept in her mouth!

Playing on the deck :)

The day she started crawling!

I have a feeling she'll be giving him looks like this for the rest of her life!

Watching the rain on St Patty's Day :)

1 comment:

Holly said...

I keep forgetting how big she is getting because I haven't seen her as much as I saw W when he was that little :( It's sad!! But I love these updates. I wish she would sleep more, and maybe you should try mixing a veggie in with a fruit?! Maybe you already do that, I dunno. But it might help a bit! I can't wait to see her, AND YOUUU, soon!!! :-D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...