Monday, March 4, 2013

1st birthday planning

Since December, I have been planning E's first birthday.  Now that we've been living in Florida, I really want her first birthday to be special.  I have mommy guilt over the fact that she hasn't been able to be around family as much as W was when he was her age.  I planned a big first birthday for W but it was the day before we moved to Florida and so it also felt like a going away party.  I definitely want this to be a big deal for him too, he will have survived one whole year of being a big brother :-P

I'm planning to have her party in Ohio, surrounded by family and friends.  I have a theme of sorts and it is something along the lines of "Bejeweled ONEderland".  E is the gem of our lives, so the colors are emerald, sapphire, light pink, silver, and diamond. I have already purchased a custom necklace from The Sassy Bowtique. She did such a perfect job putting the colors together despite my lack of direction (I just gave her a whole bunch of color choices and trusted her to bring it all together).  I also bought emerald tulle to make a tutu.  My mom is making an embroidered birthday shirt and I'm debating between a huge bow or a birthday hat with a bow on top!


Here is my inspiration board (I have so many big ideas, I'm hoping it will all come together!):

Obviously all the gold will be silver (although the gold is adorable).  I've had a hard time finding much inspiration with emerald green, but I have lots of ideas! I'm planning a fruit pizza bar, making my own cake, and cherry limeade!  On top of all this, it will be a completely dye-free party :) I've already looked into dye-free sprinkles and such, so I hope I can make it colorful without the use of artificial dyes.

4 comments:

Holly said...

I love your inspirations and ideas!!! I'm hoping I'll be able to make it to the party since I missed W's :(

Callie said...

I love your theme idea! Can't wait to see how it comes together!

Jessica @ Barefoot by the Sea said...

Beautiful ideas! Planning parties is so much fun! One of the Baby Be Blessed dolls would be perfect for her ;) She is beautiful! Newest follower BTW!
Jessica@ www.barefootbysea.blogspot.com

Jessica @ Barefoot by the Sea said...

Your daughter is beautiful! Party planning is so much fun and I love the theme/colors!

Newest follower BTW!

Jessica
www.barefootbysea.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...