Wednesday, August 22, 2012

happy 1 month to my daughter

Stickers from Little Baby Bumblebee
Bow from Danielle at Bayou Bows

E is such a joy.  She makes the sweetest noises, loves to watch everyone around her, and sleeps so wonderfully at night.  This month went by so fast, faster than it did with only one child.  This time has been different because we aren't entertaining tons of visitors like we did the first month after W was born.  It's nice, but it also makes it difficult as well.  We are slowly adjusting though, and each day W gets better and better.

Baby Stats

(E doesn't have her 1 month appointment until next week, so her weight and height will need to wait til then).

Sleep: Since she came home from the hospital, she has been sleeping great at night.  She falls asleep around 10 pm and, depending on the night, she's up around 2 and 5, but most nights she isn't up until 5.  We are cosleeping and it has worked out great for us.  She doesn't do as well for naps during the day, mostly because it's difficult to sleep with a toddler in the house.  W is either running around yelling or messing with her in the swing.  She's got her brother beat for sleep, he didn't sleep a stretch longer than 4 hours until he was a year old and she did that from week 1.

Routine: She is up around 8-8:30, when W has gotten to antsy and needs to mess with her.  I'm doing on demand feeding still so she eats the majority of the day, I'm not "forcing" her to stretch out her feedings yet.  She takes 3-4 cat naps a day and usually 1 longer nap that's an hour or more.  We give her a bath every other night and she typically falls asleep around 10.

Feedings: She eats every 1.5-2 hours which I think is pretty normal for her age.

Diaper size: She still needs to be in newborn but we ran out so I just put in her size 1, they're just a little big but they work.

Clothes: newborn

Mommy Stats:

Pre-Pregnancy Weight: 113 lbs
Day of Delivery: 136 lbs
4 weeks postpartum: 118 lbs

Recovery has been easier this time, and I can't say it was more difficult to lose weight this time (obviously I still have a few pounds to go, but I'm not worried about it).  I will be putting on a bathing suit soon when we go back to Ohio, so I need to try on a few and see if I have any that fit.

3 comments:

Holly said...

She is so beautiful!!! She looks a lot like her daddy, but I think she looks a lot like you, too :) I'm glad she's sleeping so well. And yes, this month flew by!! Cannot wait to meet her and see all of you in a few weeks!!!

Danielle said...

Can't believe it has been a month! Glad she is a good sleeper though, because i know how W is. Dang girl, you lost that weight fast! :)

Callie said...

Aw, she is so cute! I love her big bow too! :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...