Tuesday, September 4, 2012
baby wearing
With E, I knew I wanted to wear her and I wanted to have a variety of options to try out. I already had a sling from W, but I didn't love it with him (and I haven't even pulled it out yet). I also wanted to try a wrap and invest in a nice soft structure carrier. I didn't really want to put the money out for both a Moby and an Ergo especially not knowing if I'd like them (and getting mixed reviews on the Moby for short people), but then I came across a tutorial through pinterest for making a K'tan curtsey of Crafty Mama. I love the ease of the K'tan while still being versatile. Making my own obviously isn't the same quality as buying one, but for $15 I have been able to use it daily for her first month. She falls asleep almost immediately in it (tried it grocery shopping and it was perfect), and it's easy to put on with a toddler around. I will probably need to do some readjusting of the fabric as she gets heavier, but it has been perfect so far. I will be trying out my Ergo with her in a few weeks when we go to the fair and the zoo in Ohio and I'll have a second post on how that works out with a 6 week old :)
If anyone is curious about the fabric, I got an organic knit off fabric.com. It took a long time to find a fabric that had the right kind of stretch, but they seemed to have the biggest selection and best color choices.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That's awesome you made one! Baby wearing rocks, especially when you are shopping. J has yet to sit in a shopping cart -- I much prefer to carry her around the store.
Post a Comment