Monday, August 20, 2012

fireplace re-do

We are slowly moving along on re-doing our fixer-upper.  While my mom was here, she helped me come up with a plan for the fireplace, and well, she pretty much did the whole thing.  Perks of having a seamstress for a mom :)

The fireplace is all stone and the front is metal with gaudy, gold bands.  W was constantly pulling at the doors and we were afraid of one of the kids hurting themselves on the stone hearth.

This picture A sent to me before we even moved.  I never got to see the horrendous carpet (caked with dog hair and urine...so I'm told).

So refreshing!  The wall color is Behr's "Ripe Wheat" (pretty much every room in the house is this color) and the ceiling/chair rail/ baseboards were painted with a bright white.  Yes I let A hang his buck on the wall, I actually don't mind it (he wanted to mount a bass above the fireplace but I said no to that).  The fabrics are from JoAnn's and the rocking chair is from Cracker Barrel.  Every room in the house has the dark hard wood floors from Home Depot except for the kitchen and both bathrooms. I didn't get a picture of the sliding door, but we replaced the ugly, sheer, red curtains with these energy saving curtains from Amazon (we have the beige in the living room and the burgundy in the kitchen...we have two sets of sliding glass doors).  We're planning to replace the light fixture, but we haven't gotten around to that.

Other spaces we've redone:

3 comments:

Danielle said...

It looks great! I bet Wylie loves it

Holly said...

It looks great!

Piper Barrington said...

wow! A refreshing transformation. You really had a creative mind in organizing things up. I am envy with your talent. Keep sharing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...