I wrote a post before we found whether the peanut was a boy or a girl and I listed the girl's names we liked at the time (Coral, Finley, Halle, Primrose, Jolene, Willow, Lola, and Isla). I also said that we didn't want the name to begin with A or W and we were hoping it would be out of the top 400 most popular names. The original name we chose (that A picked out) was very uncommon. I think on the Social Security website there were only 2,000 people with this name in the US? Then after 14 weeks of calling baby girl by her name, A had a change of heart about the first and middle name and we went back to the drawing board. I'm pretty sure I might have had a panic attack at some point, but thankfully I *think* we might have finally decided on her name. I'm not going to get too confident just in case A has another change of heart. This name does fall out of the top 2,000 as well and it's a derivative of other names (including being a nn for the original name we had chosen). Other fun facts:
- A's favorite names: Halle, Jolene, Shaylee
- My favorite names: Coral, Wren, Willow (I have a thing for nature names...)
- Names we "agreed" on: Millicent "Millie," Finley, Knoxxe, Primrose
- The girl's name we had picked out when we were pregnant with W was Hadley Jolene
- The boy's name we had picked out for this pregnancy was Lincoln Fox (we have no plans to have any more children, so I feel like I could share it...although in the future we might decided differently and this name could pop up again)
3 comments:
I still like Mille and Primrose. But I do love baby girl's 'official' name now ;)
I can hardly wait to find out what her name will be :-) I think I may have caught the hint you gave in a previous post, too!
I think the name you chose is adorable!! But this name game is hard work :)
Post a Comment