Now I'm not going to reveal the name we've chosen for our son, but I want to share how we finally got to this point.When we first found out we were pregnant, we had a girl's name picked out almost instantly (first and middle name). We were both so comfortable with it that I just assumed we were having a girl and we were home-free in the name department! I was absolutely thrilled when I found out we were having a boy, it just felt so natural for us to have a boy first. Then the panic set in. I went to the library and checked out every baby name book I could fine and scoured the boys' lists. I started looking at Biblical names and family names, but nothing jumped out at us. We had a top 5 of sorts, but neither of us were in love with any name on it and I panicked even more. Finally, out of the blue, Aaron texted me a first and middle name (the middle name had been on our top 5 list) and it just felt right. He has no idea where the name came from, he claims it is a product of his weird imagination, but I think it was a God moment. The name is a legitimate name, meaning little boys have actually been named this, but it isn't a common name. I have only found it in one baby name book and it was listed as a name without a nickname. I have found no meaning behind the name through all of my internet searches other than it is most commonly found as a last name. We're both so excited to share his name to the world and I'm so thankful that we did in fact decide on a name. I'm nervous if we were to have another boy, though, because I'm just not sure where his name would come from!
I love reading stories of how others named their children. Everyone comes to a name through a different path!
2 comments:
As much as I looove your story, you are NOT making it any easier waiting to find out what his name is ;) You just made me even more curious!!! I can't even think of what it could be!! But I'm sure it's just as wonderful as your little boy will be :) Ahhh can't wait until he's here!
<3 Holly
Can't wait to hear his name! :)
Post a Comment