Wednesday, March 7, 2012

nursery ideas

I've been pinning nursery ideas since I first found out I was pregnant. I knew we'd have a separate room for the baby, even though I know she won't be in there until she's probably 6 months old (W slept in a pack 'n play til he was a year, so her transition out of that and into the crib will depend on how quickly he transitions to a toddler bed). Now that I know we're having a girl I have narrowed down my idea for the room. I want to keep it simple, but I actually want to plan a nursery because we weren't allowed to do any painting or hang anything on the walls for W's nursery. My idea is to do grey on the walls and to keep the "theme" rustic chic. Cutesy themes aren't really my thing, plus I think this will be something that will grow with her (although I doubt we'll still be at this house 2 years from now, but you never know). I found this adorable idea on pinterest and I plan to use it as inspiration:







I'm not planning to follow this nursery exclusively because it's more vintage-y than I'm going for, but I love the muted colors and the cute feminine touches. I also love that pretty much all of this room is DIY (although when I went to the original post, the majority of the stuff she used was bought off etsy).

Some ideas I have:
  • Colors: grey, yellow, white OR grey, light pink, white OR grey, turquoise, white...undecided
  • Making a jute wrapped initial from Michael's (better than the $40 letter used in the inspiration nursery)
  • DIY mobile of either ombre hearts in the colors of the room or just doing circles
  • Convincing A to let me paint his deer antlers white for a cute touch
  • Hanging a few prints of the outdoors, I was thinking sketchbook-style
It's not as easy to find what I'm looking for on etsy, so I am open to suggestions as to where to start looking!

5 comments:

Danielle said...

Wow! That sounds way too cute! I cant wait to see how it turns out :) and the antlers painted white- adorable!! Love it! (those poms are very easy to make)

Holly said...

I really love this nursery idea, especially the little butterflies on the wall, it's very simple and cute! I think yellow and grey are great colors and they're so you :) But I love the light pink, grey and white combo, too.

A should totally let you paint the antlers white ;)

Louise said...

I love your ideas, and I agree with Holly that those colors are so you. Also, I love that you are hoping the theme will grow with her, and I agree that it will!

Meredyth said...

I love the butterfly idea too. And the colors are pretty. My sister in law and I are planning a mobile for JJ's room next week when she is in town -- if it goes well I will let you know and send pictures.

XLMIC said...

Yay! I've been missing all this awesome news! Congrats! The nursery you decorate is sure to be amazing because you have a lovely and creative sense of style. So excited for you!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...