Sunday, November 6, 2011

11 months

This month was such a bittersweet month. W has been such a joy, but I have seen the transition from baby to toddler and it makes me sad. I adore how interactive he is, but I miss our snuggle time.

This month W has been sleeping completely through the night. He goes to bed at 9 and is up around 8. I'm totally surprised he went from a baby that wouldn't sleep more than 3-4 hours to sleeping 11 hours at night and consistently taking 2 naps a day. We still have our rough days, but sleep has been such a huge improvement. I really think switching to a bottle helped because he just wasn't getting enough from me when he was nursing. He's now down to 3 bottles (between 6 and 8 ounces depending on how hungry he is). He eats 3 meals a day and he's eating more and more finger foods (still mostly veggies and fruits as finger foods but some breads and a few sweets).

There were huge milestones this month: he got his first haircut, celebrated his first Halloween, started walking (still crawls if he wants to get somewhere fast), discovered his love of hiding under blankets and headbutting people, and he has a lot of fun imitating us. He's not using any words, but he babbles constantly and he loves to make sounds.

We don't have any official stats but from my home scale he's at 18 pounds (a little less than what he weighed at the dr. at 9 months which puts him in the 5th percentile) and I've measured him at 30 inches (74th percentile). He is wearing 12 month clothing and 18 month sleepers. He is in a size 4 diaper (even though he doesn't meet the weight requirement for them, he kept leaking through size 3 diapers so we bumped him up a size).

I know there are plenty of things I'm forgetting, but I wanted to get a quick post up.

4 comments:

Miranda said...

what an adorable 11 month old!!! so sad when they make the transition from baby to toddler!

Holly said...

Such a big boy :) I'm kinda sad he's entering toddler stage too though....growing up too fast!!! I can't wait to see you guys next week!

Danielle said...

This month Lexi has changed into a toddler as well! It is so crazy! She started walking yesterday, and does the same thing as Wylie! She is little like him too! But not sleeping good! eh, that is okay! He is getting tall!

amy b.s. said...

such a cute picture! happy 11 months!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...