Friday, March 4, 2011

happy 3 months old precious son

Today my little boy turns 3 months old. For reals, where has the time gone?! He flashed his adorable smile for this month's photo and he is sitting up more too! He went on his first long-distance trip to New York (about 8 hours) to visit his great grandparents and great great grandmother. We've been practicing rolling over with him and he doesn't mind tummy time (especially if he's on our chest trying to watch TV). He loves trying to sit up and pull himself up onto his feet...crazy kid is going to be walking instead of crawling, I'm betting.

Baby Stats:

Sleep: This month has been up and down for sleep. For about two weeks he was only sleeping 2-3 hours at a time and refused to go back to sleep in his bassinet, thus we were co-sleeping through half the night. This past week we decided to start letting him sleep in the bouncer because he can sit upright, and this has helped him sleep a little longer (more like 3-4 hours). Naps have improved this month, and they usually happen in his swing watching Spanish cartoons (yes I put my baby in front of the TV, don't judge...) His naps rarely last beyond 45 minutes but it gives me plenty of time to get laundry done, eat, or blog :) We also started using the pacifier more this month to allow him to self-soothe, most nights it works in helping him fall asleep after his first feeding (the gumdrop is the only pacifier he'll use, so we bought 4 more!)

Routine: We get his bath ready by 8:30, then he gets changed into his pajamas, a fresh diaper, and swaddled by daddy. Then I usually nurse him until he falls asleep. If he fights sleep, Aaron rocks him until he falls asleep but I'll be loosing his help this month (and until June) as his work season has started back up.

Feedings: He still eats about every 2 hours, but I don't mind. About twice a week he'll go 4 hours in between feedings but it's usually because we are out and about and he is sleeping. I imagine he'll stretch the feedings out next month when we introduce rice cereal...plus he'll be starting whole days on the bottle at the end of the month when I go back to school *tear*

Weight: 12ish pounds, according to our home scale (3rd-15th percentile)

Length: 23 inches, according to my yard stick, lol (3rd-15th percentile)

Diaper size: 1

Clothes: 0-3 months, 3-6 months are still too big for him

3 comments:

XLMIC said...

Super Cutie!

Holly said...

I can't get over how stinking cute he is, he's definitely the cutest "boyfriend" I've ever had :) And you're doing such a great job as a mom!!

<3 Holly

Anonymous said...

I can't believe our boys are 3 months old!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...