Thursday, March 3, 2011

2nd round of favorites

The first round can be found here.

It's crazy how much babies need and how much they can use. I know they don't really need all this stuff, but W loves to have a change of scenery so these are our favorites:

  • Fisher-Price Swing & Bouncer (ours happens to be Ocean Wonders): A lot of moms told me that babies tend to like either the swing or the bouncer, but we have found both to be lifesavers. W takes all of his naps in his swing and we use the bouncer at night for him to sleep and I put him in it so that I can get a shower. The Fisher-Price one has a motion selection and so when he kicks or moves it makes different sounds and plays music. He loves this!
  • Snuza Portable: This item gives me peace of mind. I have been able to sleep so much better this past week knowing that this little device is monitoring my little one. It is a bit pricey, but I highly recommend it. We bought ours off Amazon.
  • GumDrop Pacifiers: I mentioned these in the first post, but I want to say it again. It's the only pacifier he can keep in his mouth and he has had no problem with nipple confusion and it helps him sleep at night
  • Toys that make noise, move, and/or play music: This kid can't get enough of anything that moves or makes noise. He loves things that crinkle, rattle, and squeak. He has this one called Dancey Antsy that plays music and sways back and forth and he honestly dances along with it!
  • Baby Einstein Take-A-Long Tunes: We had this on our registry and it has been a life saver for car rides. It plays 7 different songs and has a bunch of flashing lights. We have it clipped to his car seat and he literally becomes mesmerized by it and eventually ends of falling asleep.
  • Play Mat: We have the Bright Starts Start Your Senses Activity Mat and my parents have the Fisher-Price Rainforest Melodies & Lights Deluxe Gym...W loves both of them. They offer a great range of things to look at and listen to plus they are perfect for tummy time and practicing rolling over.
  • RaZbaby Raz-Berry Silicone Teether: Yes my 3 month old is teething! He has two little "teeth" that can be seen on the bottom. He puts everything in his mouth and is a slobbering fool. I love this teether because it seems to be easier for a younger baby to hold and understand how to use it. He munches away at this thing for hours. Can be found here.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Alden has the same swing and absolutely LOVES it! That is what he naps in everyday!

XLMIC said...

My daughter LOVED her playmat... she had the Baby Einstein Ocean something or other. From about 3 months until 6 months it was her total fave.

Anonymous said...

Ok you are the second blogger to mention the snuza. I am a mess at night worrying about Brayden so I might need to purchase this. My husand will probably think I'm a bit crazy but whatever! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...