Sunday, October 31, 2010

birth class

Tonight we had our private birth class, and I must say I'm glad we chose this route. I'm not sure if I could have handled 6 weeks of class dragging out all the info especially because I have done a lot of research already so I know a lot of the basics. I wanted this class so we could understand the procedures of the hospital and feel more comfortable in the surroundings. We did have to watch a video of an actual birth, but Aaron and I both agreed that the Cesarean scared both of us more than the natural birth. Aaron made me promise I wouldn't make him watch them take the baby out if a Cesarean became necessary, and I gladly obliged! I got some great tips for breastfeeding and the hospital is really good about getting mothers to nurse immediately (those that choose to). I feel slightly overwhelmed by all the info we got, but I'm really excited for the process to begin :) All-in-all I'm glad we took the class because we both feel much more prepared for the whole process.

1 comment:

Callie said...

Where did you find a private birth class? I'm debating on whether we should take one or not - do you think it was worth the money?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...