Sunday, October 24, 2010

baby shower

Saturday was my baby shower and I had such a good time! My mom, sister-in-law, mother-in-law, and best friend all contributed to helping pull it off! There were around 70 people at the shower and they planned a fall-themed brunch with blue, orange, and brown being the color scheme.
The dessert table. Holly made delicious cake balls in carrot cake, triple chocolate, and peanut butter chocolate. They were so amazing, and perfect portion control for my preggo self :P
The tables with the candle centerpieces that were given away as gifts. I also made the caramel corn we gave away as favors, it was so easy to make and I'm happy that I could contribute something. The games everyone played were: guessing the baby food in the jar, guessing the melted candy bar in the diaper, a name tag game, guessing the width of my belly with ribbon, and guessing how many diapers were in the diaper cake.
The adorable diaper cake my sister-in-law made. It had 229 diapers in it! We will be set with size 1 diapers for quite some time :)
The picture frame we had people sign to hang up in little boy's room. Not everyone realized it was there, but at the end of the day a good majority of the people had signed it.
Opening gifts with Holly keeping track for me. We received so many things, including all of the big essentials off of our registry and a ton of books! I cannot believe how blessed we are and how spoiled our son is going to be! I'm hoping to have everything sorted in the nursery by the end of the week, so look for pictures throughout the week.
Cutting the cake.
A picture with Holly and Rachael.
Hubs and I :) He got dressed up for the occasion.... He snatched up some food and helped haul away all of the goodies.
Rocking the bump at 33 weeks. You can tell from the picture that I have put on weight in my butt, I hadn't noticed it until I saw this picture and I actually have a butt.

I went out shopping today with my mom and grandma to pick up a few things we still needed off the registry. I had to get a mattress, changing pad, and bottles to go with the breast pump (wow, the whole world of bottles is beyond overwhelming). We still have like $150 in gift cards for Babies R Us and Target which we plan to use on diapers. I don't want to purchase any diapers at this point because we have plenty to start us off. Once I get everything cleaned and put away, we will be more than ready to welcome our son :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You look great! I love cake balls. :)

Callie said...

What a lovely shower! I'm pregnant too (21 weeks), so it's fun to read about other people's showers and pregnancies. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...