Monday, September 27, 2010

pixie cut

Ok, so I haven't gotten my hair cut yet, but I have the date set for October 11th. My hair is longer than 10 inches and so I am ready to cut and donate it! This is the longest my hair has been since elementary school, and I am sooo ready to cut it. I can no longer brush my hair without being in tears - no amounts of moisturizing shampoo, conditioner, and serums have been able to tame the craziness of my hair. I was blessed with very wavy hair, but only on the ends. my hair is flat on top until it gets crazy at the end. Leaving my hair wavy looks crazy (and I have tried all the products that were created for wavy hair) and because my hair is so thick, straightening it is a very long chore. Usually I just get my hair thinned and trimmed and I'm on my way, but I'm ready for something cute. I feel like I've been stuck in this rut with my style which has led me to just pull it back and tie it with a ribbon. I know it looks cute pulled back, but I would love to just be able to wear my hair naturally. I've found a couple pictures of pixie hair styles that I'm taking with me on the 11th. Emily is the only one I trust to cut my hair this short. She has done my hair off and on since high school and she is the one who did my hair for my wedding. After having a disastrous experience at an expensive salon, Emily came to my house and did my hair for free and it was beautiful (not to mention she did my mom's and my maid of honor's!) I'm not planning on going as short as Emma Watson's hair, but I chose the pic because it is extreme and that's what I'm going for! Just cross your fingers it doesn't turn out to be a mom hairdo!!!

I'm also contemplating dying my hair red like I had all through college, but I'm still undecided. I stopped dying my hair because the upkeep was too much and I imagine it'll be even harder with a little one.

I'll post before and after pictures once I get my hair cut :) Plus I get to see my best friend on that day and I'm sure we'll take a few pictures!

3 comments:

Whitney said...

Hey girl, you won the giveaway. Email your info at glamlifehousewife@gmail.com!

Holly said...

Of course we will take some pictures!! I can't wait to see your adorable new hair do!!! :)

<3 Holly

Sydney said...

oooh. don't you just love this cut on her?! You're so brave ... that'll be so liberating to have it cut! Way to go! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...