Day one of the sale was so much more than what we were expecting. We had close to 25 people show up and made about $100! Most of the big stuff is gone except for 2 couches and a dresser which didn't make it into the sale today because of the rain. People were just scooping our stuff up. Aaron and I made $70 ourselves to be put into our "baby" fund (which will probably be paying the medical bills, lol).
I was amazed at how open some people can be. I am not one to talk to strangers about my life, especially the hard parts of it, but I had an in depth conversation with at least 5 people. Most of the time my questions didn't go beyond asking the ages of their kids or where they went to school, but they shared it all! It was such a blessing and it really has lifted my spirits to have people share their heart with me. Today has completely reaffirmed my calling into counseling, and I am looking forward to tomorrow!
I had quite a few congratulations from people that showed up. One woman even went so far as to argue with me that I was having a boy. She kept referring to the baby as a girl, but I chose not to correct her until she asked me a direct question about my "daughter." At this point I told her that we were actually having a boy. She said it wasn't possible because I was carrying all my weight in my belly, not in my butt! I assured her that our ultrasound this past week proved that we're having a boy. I'm still not sure she believed me...but I guess after having 8 kids, you probably think you know things like that pretty well!
1 comment:
$100 is awesome!!! Yay!! I hope the rest of the sale goes just as well, if not better! I love you bestest!!!
<3 Holly
Post a Comment