Tuesday, August 3, 2010

lazy days

I will admit, I have spent most of this summer being lazy. I work on projects, hang out with friends, try new recipes, and research everything related to babies. This freedom has allowed me to enjoy my summer and to feel as though I have accomplished something. I have had the opportunity to try so many new things that has allowed me to cross items off my 101 things list, but I have especially been able to make decisions related to the birth of our baby and how we want to raise our son. I have a rough draft of our birth plan ready for my August appointment (pending a once-over by Aaron) and we'll be touring the hospital and taking our birthing classes starting in September and October. Even with all the planning I have been doing, I know to expect the unexpected. I know 5 people who have had babies in the last 3 months. Only one of them was able to stick with their original birth plan, two were induced via Pitocin drip, one had a c-section after 36 hours of labor, and the last one delivered roughly a month early. So even though my birth plan is to have a natural, unmedicated delivery (including being medically induced), I understand that this may not be the case. I'm excited to visit the hospital and see what they have to offer. I know they have a supportive staff, so I don't imagine it will be any trouble to stick to my birth plan unless it becomes medically necessary (plus I have my midwife and Aaron as my advocates).

One area I/we haven't been so successful in this summer is coming up with a name for our baby boy. We had a girl's name picked out already, but we just cannot seem to decide on a boy's name. We would love to use a family name, but there is only one we would even consider for our child and neither of us are really sold on it (family name's include: Herbert, Charles, Romeo, and Ralph...not exactly contemporary boy's names). I didn't imagine coming up with a name would be this hard! We aren't announcing the name to anyone until the baby is born, so we have a couple of months...but I'm starting to get nervous!

I also wanted to share the deliciousness that is sweet corn ice cream. I have been wanting to try this frozen treat since last May when we visited Jeni's ice cream and I first learned of it. Unfortunately sweet corn wasn't in season at the time so I tried another delicious concoction (Salty Carmel, yum). My brother so kindly brought me home some after his recent trip to Columbus and I must admit, I am not disappointed! It does in fact taste just like sweetcorn, but the black raspberry adds a delicious sweetness to it :)

1 comment:

Holly said...

Mmmm I want some of that ice cream pronto. I say we take a girls day to Columbus for shopping and Jeni's ice cream...sound like a plan?! K :)

<3 Holly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...