These past few weeks have been crazy busy. I barely have a moment to catch my breath until I'm on to the next task. I have a few moments before I need to go back to studying and reading, so I thought an update was in order. Aaron and I have been separated a lot this past week. It started last week when he had a doctor's appointment on Friday. I had to work in the morning so I was unable to go and I had a trip planned for the weekend. Aaron came back Saturday afternoon, a few hours before I left. I then had a whirlwind weekend of social engagements. After delicious Chinese food with my parents on Saturday, I got coffee with a friend and we had an awesome time getting caught up. Sunday I went to church and hung out with another friend for a short while (she's my first planned get together the next time I'm in town!) After church, I met up with another friend to celebrate her birthday. We got some lunch and visited the college we both attended. We took a bunch of random pictures in the various buildings and reminisced about what our lives used to be like. I had dinner with my family again on Sunday, but it didn't feel like a complete family meal because Aaron wasn't there. On Monday I met up with another of my best friends in Cleveland. We went shopping and caught up on everything because it has been months since we've seen each other! We also got to exchange Christmas gifts (only a few weeks late). I love spending time with her! I came home Monday evening and got to spend some time with Aaron. I had plans to spend time with him in between work and class yesterday (Tuesday), but he ended up getting a call that a work meeting was scheduled for today (Wednesday) so he had to go back home for that. I feel like I have barely seen my husband and it makes me sad because he's moving out for his job in a week and a half. I knew this day would come, but I thought we would be able to enjoy more time together. I have some plans in the works to make the next week and a half special, so we'll see how that all goes!
Because of this busy social weekend, I have a lot of homework to do for class. I have an exam in Abnormal Psych tomorrow and the professor suggested we study 10-15 hours for it. I have about 3 hours of studying in, but I plan to study most of the afternoon and night (as soon as I finish the other homework that is due tomorrow!) I have two papers I need to work on that are due over the next two weeks and a book to read that is for another paper and is due in three weeks. I'm very overwhelmed right now, but I have been reflecting on this verse and it has brought me peace.
Cast all your anxiety on him
because he cares for you.
1 Peter 5:7
Blessings,
-Ashley
No comments:
Post a Comment