Green Pepper Risotto
I got the recipe from katiebrown.com and it was the first time I roasted peppers on the stove. It was kind of messy and hot to do, but it was fun. You take a pepper (green or red) and keep turning it over the flame of a gas stove. Once the outside is mostly charred, you put it into a Ziploc baggy and start peeling off the skin. It comes off fairly easy and you are left with a steamed pepper. Cut the top off and take the seeds out. The next part of the recipe is the risotto. All this is, is rice cooked according to the box. Once it is done add a few tablespoons of margarine and shredded parmesan cheese. Put the risotto in the pepper which acts like a bowl. The recipe for the risotto is delicious and I have since made it again for myself (Aaron wasn't much of a fan). I'm not sure if I would try the peppers again, but it was fun to learn.
Apple Crisp
This recipe is really simple and perfect for 2 servings.
2 Apples (we used Golden Delicious, but you can use whatever you have on hand)
1/2 cup Brown sugar, firmly packed
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup oats
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg (I would recommend leaving this out, it was overpowering)
3 tablespoons soft butter
Place peeled, cored, and sliced apples in a buttered loaf pan. Combine all the dry ingredients in a bowl along with the butter and mix until crumbly. Sprinkle evenly over the apples. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes or until the apples are tender and the topping is nice and brown.
No comments:
Post a Comment