Sunday, December 27, 2009

christmas recap

The past week has been crazy, and I apologize for my lack of posting. The beginning of last week was spent finishing up Christmas gifts, baking, and working. On Christmas Eve I had to work, but they really didn't need me. All I did was dress modelquins and set up the jean sale, but I suppose someone had to do that. Aaron got off work a little after 8 and then we were on way to my parents house. This was the first year in 22 years that I have not attended a Christmas Eve service and it kind of made me sad. I suppose I could have gone by myself, but because we haven't found a church I felt awkward going to a random church alone.

We got to my parent's house pretty late but it was so nice to enjoy spending a few hours with them. Christmas morning is always huge at my parent's house, so that is why we spent the night there. My mom makes always makes a Southern breakfast (egg, sausage, cheese, & crouton casserole and cranberry, apple, and oatmeal casserole). My parents got us a lot of cool stuff, especially stuff we need for our kitchen (candy thermometer, shaker, splatter screens, recycled beer & wine glasses, and a 4-cup measuring cup). They also got us some awesome camping stuff including a tabletop charcoal grill. I got a bunch of movies and books, with my favorite being a leather bound, special edition copy of The Chronicles of Narnia. I can finally finish the series and now be able to reread them! My other favorite gift from my parents is my new snow boots. I threw away my old ones which I received Christmas my senior year in high school, they were only 5 years old, lol. Aaron got the only thing he wanted for Christmas this year, Modern Warfare 2, and so he was very happy!

After Christmas we went to my sister in law's for Aaron's family Christmas party. We watched the Mythbusters marathon and some people played Uno and Spoons (I very much dislike Spoons, I don't like being that aggressive). From Aaron's parents we got a 7-piece luggage set which is awesome. Overall we had an awesome day, but it was a lot of traveling. We had to come back yesterday (Saturday) because I had to work in the afternoon.

I hope everyone else had a great Christmas! I will hopefully have pictures soon, but we'll see! I also hope to update a few things on my list soon.

Many blessings,
-Ashley

1 comment:

JaceyJ said...

I really enjoy reading your blog - we had a lot of similarities this Christmas - I got boots I love and Dirk got a couple video games he is really excited about. :) It sounds like you and Aaron are looking for a church - us too. I hope God can give me patience because it really tough finding one that's the right fit for both of us. Hope you had a blessed Christmas!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...