58. Make sangria (October 10, 2009)It took me a long time to find a glass jar that was big enough and within our budget, but in the end I found what I was looking for. In this particular recipe there was: 3 bottles of Cabernet Sauvignon, 64 ounces of apple juice, 1 grapefruit, 1 orange, 1 lemon, 1 lime, 1 pear, and 1 apple. Everyone really enjoyed the sangria (including me!), but I think the grapefruit is a bit overpowering as it has now been soaking for over two days. I would love to try another recipe sometime (definitely on a smaller scale), and not include grapefruit. Overall I thought it was a huge success and now I have a super cute glass jar to use!! I can see this being useful in the summer for big batches of sweet tea with lemons and limes!!


78. Host a party (October 10, 2009)
Our first official party was a huge success! We were all a little squished in our small apartment (and a tad bit warm), but we managed to find seating for 12 people! We had pasta for dinner with salad and garlic bread and we drank the sangria with dinner. Following that we started drinking the different wines that everyone brought. We had: Dolce Rosso (a sweet red wine), Pink Catawba (a sweet blush wine), White Zinfandel, Riesling, a homemade Elderberry wine, and Dornfielder Max (a sweet German wine). I borrowed my mom's cheese plate (which I wish was mine!) and we had White Cheddar, Gouda (this was my first time trying this and it was amazing), Colby Jack, Baby Swiss, Muenster, and I made an herb cream cheese spread.
We had one scary moment when the paramedics had to be called, but everything was okay and it turned out to be a non-emergency (better to be safe than sorry!) I'm so glad my friends were able to come and share this time with us because it has been so long since I've seen most of them. I'm looking forward to many more fun adventures in the future!
1 comment:
I looooooved your party and I'm SO glad I was able to come!!!! :) I love you!!!
<3 Holly
Post a Comment