Today was a perfect fall day. I got all of our blankets and quilts washed so they are ready for the cold nights outside. I worked on the wine party invitations and got four of them done. We then went to a pig roast birthday party. We didn't stay for food because neither of us eat pork, but it was nice to catch up and enjoy the weather. One of the girl's just found out she is pregnant (they've been trying for about 8 months), so it was nice to talk to her and see how excited they are. I haven't quite adjusted to being social with people I hardly know, but I'm slowly getting better. I was exhausted when I got home today and I have been taking some time to myself to unwind. Tomorrow we are going to Sunday School and church and then headed back home for the week. I probably won't be back at my parents for a few weeks because we have a lot going on over the next few weeks. This upcoming weekend Aaron is going to a wedding and I have orientation for work on Saturday and Sunday. The following weekend Aaron is going to Alabama for a fishing weekend with his boss and the weekend after that is our party!
I'm looking forward to decorating and shopping for the party. I have the wine list pretty well organized, I just need to talk to Jen and Rachel to see what they want to bring. It seems to be turning into a sweet wine party, but I think that will be even better because we can all enjoy the wine then! Currently we have Pink Catawba, a homemade elderberry wine, and White Zinfandel. I am going to make Sangria and I will probably pick up a bottle of Moscato (another sweet wine). I need to find a gallon jar to put the Sangria in and I'm also going to have some cheese and crackers to eat along with the wine! We're also going to have spaghetti and garlic bread for dinner. I found a garlic packet to add to olive oil and I'll think I'll pick up a baguette as well. In case you can't tell, I am very excited for the party!
Many Blessings,
-Ashley
No comments:
Post a Comment