Monday, September 21, 2009

Monday Musings [Wedding Style 3- The Engagement]

Our engagement story isn't typical, but I wouldn't change a thing. Our decision to get married happened the day before I graduated from college when I realized God was in fact calling me to grad school and this grad school was at least 6 hours away. After I finished with my breakdown upon realizing I had not even applied to a school let alone visited any, Aaron and I looked at each other and decided that we should get married (when I tell the story now, Aaron says it was all my idea, haha). Aaron proposed to me July 5 after I returned from being a camp counselor. We went and saw fireworks and then he took me at the back of his yard and proposed to me. My ring has three pink sapphires in it and I love that it is something different than anyone else's engagement ring (ok so I'm sure someone somewhere has something similar, but it isn't as common). Our engagement period was about 6 months and I cannot imagine having to wait longer. I would have driven myself crazy with all the details instead of being relaxed about the whole thing. Below I have included some of my favorite engagement pictures courtesy of J. Squared Photography (Jeff was so awesome to work with). The last picture is the best shot I have of my ring, and it was before I had gotten it sized.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Wow, your ring's so pretty!! I love that it's pink :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...