Tuesday, December 30, 2008

wedding update

Before the wedding, I did a really good job of updating everything I made and all the details of the wedding/reception. I haven't done a very good job sharing pictures of everything the day of.

Decorations:
Two days before the wedding we had to change the ideas for the centerpieces because we couldn't find wire that was strong enough to hold two pictures to the gourds. We ended up scrapping the picture idea entirely and just put groupings of gourds out on all the tables. This picture also shows the layout of the tables including the favors and the candles in the mason jars.


Beauty:
All the girls, plus my mom, got our makeup done before the wedding. A few of the girls went off to get their hair done; mine was done by Emily, who did my hair for highschool dances. I'll try to include inspiration photographs if one was used.
































(My mom made my dress, veil, and tiara)











(inspiration from etsy.com)



Cake:
The cake was made by a family friend and it was so much better than I ever could have imagined. Our topper was from Willowtree (which went perfectly with our theme). The cake had light pink roses and a basket weave effect, and it was a red velvet cake, yum!

There are too many pictures in this post, so I'll post the rest later.

1 comment:

Holly said...

everything was BEAUTIFUL :) i can't stress that enough! and you did an amazing job with all the homemade things!

<3 holly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...