All-time Favorites






Both of the lip balms are amazing (my dad and my husband both hate the pomegranate). The lip gloss is amazing and I want to get it in the light pink - it has a light citrus smell. The cuticle creme is something I use every night before bed and it helps with my ragged cuticles...I have notoriously dry skin which is why I use the hand repair creme - it has very little scent. The blemish stick is probably my favorite product of theirs (next to the original lip balm). The smell isn't so great because of the tea tree oil, but it literally clears my skin up over-night. I was just reading their website and it says you are supposed to reapply it 2-3 times a day, I'm definitely going to try this the next time I have a pimple!
Infrequent Uses




The above products are all ones I like, I just don't use them that much. Both of the foot cremes are really good, but I don't usually have time to put lotion on my feet and wear socks around until it soaks in. The hand salve is very good, but it has a waxy texture that takes a while to soak in as well so I don't usually use this unless my hands are really bad and/or before I go to bed. The body oil is really nice and has a refreshing scent, but I don't usually take the time to put it on because my lotions are easier and not as messy.
Not Favorites





I don't necessarily hate these products, but I have found other products I like better. I have yet to figure out the best way to use the facial scrub, it ends up getting all over the place because it is really grainy. The lip shimmer is too shimmery for me. I look like I stepped out of the eighties, but I only tried their most nude color so one with more color might look better. The hand creme isn't too bad, but it's very heavy and greasy. I think it is geared more towards people with very dry skin, while my hands are only ever moderately dry. If I had a chance to wear cloth gloves every night to bed, I think I would like it more. I used to carry the banana hand creme in my purse and the banana smell is just too weird. It was too sweet and overpowering, but the moisturizing effect was very nice. So it is a toss-up. The avocado hair treatment takes way too much time out of my daily routine to use. It is a pre-shampoo treatment that you are supposed to leave on for 5-20 minutes and then shampoo and conditioner. I don't have time to use this product.
New Favorites/New Tries




These are all products I just got for Christmas that I have tried at least once and I really like. The facial cleanser is the first I've used from them and it's so moisturizing and it i exfoliates as well. Plus it has a refreshing lemon scent. The toner I was a bit skeptical about because I've been wanting the rose water toner for the past few years, but they no longer make it :-\ So far this has been a good product, doesn't seem to be too drying and it cleans up what my cleanser leaves behind. The milk and honey lotion is so moisturizing and it's perfect for my dry winter skin. The smell is soothing so I like to use it before bed. The lifeguard lip balm is just like the original, just thicker. I'm looking forward to using this in Haiti and putting it more to the test when we'll be sweating, drinking tons of water, and probably swimming...look for a better update about this one later.
On my shelf to try



Ok so the Radiance Night Creme isn't officially on my shelf, but it will be tomorrow! I can't find it for cheaper than $15 and yesterday I got a coupon for 5$ off of a $15 purchase at CVS, so I'm going to go get that one. I've heard a lot of positive reviews about it so I'm looking forward to trying it. I hear that it makes your skin glow, and who wouldn't want glowing skin? I'm planning on bringing the shampoo bar and the complexion bar to Haiti. The shampoo will have a natural scent so I won't attract unwanted bugs like last time and I have a feeling I'm going to end up burning my face so the complexion bar will come in handy.
There are a bunch of other products I haven't tried but would like to try in the future, including some of their other facial moisturizers (like the day radiance creme) and their facial cleansers.
Blessings,
-Ashley
P.S. All pictures are courtesy of www.burtsbees.com
No comments:
Post a Comment