Sunday, December 28, 2008

post-christmas retail meltdown

Another Christmas is here and gone and I barely had time to eat some ham and enjoy the materialistic rush that comes on December 25. Aaron and I did make it home for a few days, despite the fact that work screwed up our original plans. We ended up leaving at 1 am and getting in around 6 am because I had to work until midnight (gotta love on-call shifts). We had to come back the morning after Christmas because I had to work at 5. I have vowed that this will be the last Christmas I work in retail, I don't think I could take another season. People can be very rude, they should expect long lines and difficult transactions if they're willing to come out shopping for the best sales! Everyone goes shopping that day so either don't complain or don't come out at all that day. I cannot wait to move back home and no longer have to deal with my job in retail or such a long travel home. Christmas was above and beyond what I expected or needed - but I am very grateful for the things I received.

I managed: a stability ball, plenty of new clothes, scrapbooking stuff, Survivorman Season 2, lip gloss, and Burts Bees stuff (I'm sure there are things I am missing).

We managed: a new digital camera (courtesy of Best Buy gift cards), a willow tree nativity set, a puzzle, kitchen gadgets, 5 months of Netflix, Lego Star Wars Complete Saga.

I didn't expect to get so much with the wedding less than 2 months ago, but wow it was amazing! The best part was definitely spending time with our families and just being in their company. We get to go home in less than 3 weeks because we're leaving for Haiti in the middle of January!

Our new camera is pretty sweet even if it wasn't the one we were originally planning on getting. We both had our hearts set on a Casio Exilm that was on sale but they don't have it in store so instead of paying shipping and handling we opted to get an Olympus. I have been using an Olympus for the past 5 years and it has honestly been the most reliable camera. I have literally had zero problems with it, but the quality of the photos is not as good as the new cameras. We're going to try to sell mine on eBay or Craig's List, but I don't know how that will go. It'll possibly get passed along to my brother because it is a perfectly good camera.

Over this break I am planning to:
  • Get the thank you post cards mailed out - I ordered them on Saturday so they should be here sometime this week
  • Get a box together for Goodwill
  • Make an appointment for our vaccinations and get them done!
  • Send out a letter to a church for possible sponsorship of our trip
  • Stop spending money!!
I bought a really cute top at work yesterday that was only $4.20 after my discount...I couldn't pass it up...
I leave you with a picture from Christmas Eve before church...taken with my old camera

1 comment:

Holly said...

i'm glad you had a great christmas! sounds like everything you got was what you needed, which is always the best. i'm sure the camera is awesome. and the picture of you guys on christmas eve is so cute...you look like a married couple, lol :) anywayyyy i'm sure i will talk to you soon! love you!

<3 holly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...