Tuesday, October 7, 2008

waiting to tie the knot

We're getting married in 32 days. ahhh.

I have so much to do, and on one hand it feels like I have no time to get it all done and on the other I feel like this is going to be the slowest month of my life. I'm coming home in 6 days and we'll be just past the 4 week mark, but seriously why can't the wedding be this weekend? I'm too impatient.



Things yet to be done:
  • Boutonnieres and bouquets (only mine is finished)
  • Finalize the wedding music with the pianist
  • Finalize the reception music with the DJ - I'm not sure how I feel about him, this could end up being the disaster of the wedding
  • Finalize the menu with the caterer
  • Buy the rest of the bridesmaid/parent/groomsmen gifts and wrap them..I still have a lot to make for these gifts and Aaron hasn't even decided on gifts for the guys yet
  • Buy candles for the guests to hold coming out of the church
  • Make up more jars for the aisle runner (I wanted something non-traditional)
  • Print up ceremony programs...actually finalize ceremony programs
  • Confirm all times with both officiants for rehearsal and the ceremony
  • Pick up the marriage license
  • Finalize times with the photography and discuss locations/specific poses we want

Ok so there are probably 20 things I'm forgetting from this list, but this is all my brain will allow me to remember. I have 3.5 classes left and potentially 3 more days of work (depending on if I work on Sunday) before I can leave to come home. I miss Aaron. I know it's silly and immature, but I miss holding his hand and snuggling on the couch. I know that the end will justify the separation we had to endure to get there, but it still just sucks.

On the brightside, I am determined to get healthy over the next 4 weeks. I want to exercise at least 3 times a week and I found a "diet" that should balance out my life (I use diet loosely because it does not imply that I restrict food consumption in order to loose weight, but rather to have a healthy, balanced diet) This is what I'm hoping to do:

Daily Servings:
dairy [][]
protein [][]
fruits & veggies [][][][][]
grains [][][][][][]
water [][][][][][][][]
tea []
vitamin []

I'm hoping that if I have some thing to focus on and motivate me for the wedding, I won't worry about all the little things so much. Plus I've been loosing sleep over all this worry, and that just isn't healthy.

I'll leave you with a picture. We're going to do a similar shot for a "thank you" post card. I just need to make a thank you sign now :-P

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ahhh i finally have gotten to your blog again :) i'm sorry i haven't been keeping up with it as much as i should!! i love that thank you card idea--my sister did the same thing :) very cute. i hope you can figure out a good healthy lifestyle--i'm trying to work on that right now :-P ok well i'm at work so i better get back to doing stuff, haha! talk to you soon!!

<3 holly

S. said...

cute :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...