Thursday, October 9, 2008

one month

Technically yesterday was one month until the wedding, but today is 30 days and it feels more like one month. It has been a stressful week, but I think I've finally managed to cope. I got a good sleep last night (i.e. fell asleep around midnight and was up at 7:30.) Today I work 3-10 (ick) and tomorrow I work 5-10. I'm about to give up on this job, I'm not sure how much more I can take. I would be fine with the long hours but working so late at night seriously kills my whole day. I come home and go to bed! When I'm married, I'm going to want to come home and spend time with Aaron, not just go to bed and wake up to do the same thing the next day. I work til close at least 3 nights a week, which means we don't get to eat dinner together 3 nights a week. I know I'm being rather whiny, sorry.

I had to scrap the gourd idea for the centerpieces because only 12 were growing and it frosted 2 nights ago so we lost a few. I decided to gather a bunch of vases (probably 2-3 per table) and we're going to have the wire picture holders coming out of the vases like flowers. I think this will add a nice vintage look that will go with the entire theme. I need to start collecting a variety of vases; I want different colors, sizes, and shapes.

Aaron has been doing a good job of keeping me centered on my original focus for the wedding. I wanted to keep things simple, yet beautiful and include as many homemade/organic elements as I could. I've been adding more stress to my mind by worrying about silly details that aren't going to matter in the end. I have all the major pieces done, all I need to do is get a few more things accomplished and it should be a beautiful day! (Already praying for an overcast day...I want autumn to hold out for as long as possible!)

The healthy eating has been going okay. It's been hard to eat everything on that list because I can't really afford to eat that much in a day or go the the cafeteria twice in a day to get some of those foods. I've gotten better though, and I look forward to continuing.

There is lots I could be saying right now, but I think my motivation for updating just left me. I'm going home on Sunday (*possibly* Saturday) and that is all I can think about right now. I need some comfort right now and it's going to come in the form of relaxing with Aaron.

God bless,
-Ashley

2 comments:

S. said...

i can't imagine what you're going through. if thre's anything i can do, let me know?
xoxo.

Anonymous said...

i hope you got to go home on saturday!! and i hope you have a nice, relaxing time at home :) i had a crazy dream about your wedding weekend...i will tell you about it soon lol. love you!

<3 holly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...