This morning I had my first graduate level class - Intro to Old Testament/Hebrew Bible. It will basically be a repeat of a few classes I had at Mount, but it will be a nice first class to ease into the grad classes. I am also taking: Spirituality, Autobiography, and Christian Ministry (required class for M.Div students); Global Christianity: Beginnings to 1500 (another repeat class), and The Church & the Arts. This year I am going to have to take a lot of pre-req classes, but next year I should get to take a DOC history class (required by the denomination) and I'm thinking about taking Greek and then I would be able to take a Bible class in Greek. We'll see if I'm feeling that ambitious next year! By next August I should also have a placement in a church (we're required to work in a church for 2 years), I'm already getting nervous about it!
In wedding updates, I forgot to mention that I got the program wording done. I still want to run it by the pastor to see if he wants to change the order/wording of things but it is basically done. We are going to have two scripture readings (one from Song of Songs and the other will be 1 Corinthians 13) and Holly is going to sing a solo!!! (most likely "Come thou fount of every blessings") I also decided on the processional song to be Pachabel's Canon in D (I've always wanted to walk down the aisle to it) and the recessional song is going to be "Spring" (I have drawn a blank on the composers name.) As far as music for the reception...Aaron and I haven't decided on a first dance song, but I think it is narrowed down to Goo Goo Dolls "Iris" - the acoustic version and Nevertheless "O' Child", but we'll see. I'm going to dance with my daddy to "Cinderella" by Steven Curtis Chapman. Ever since that song came out I have been waiting for the day I get to dance with my dad to it! It is so perfect and it makes me cry every time I hear it!
I tried applying at Big Lots and a local grocery store today, but neither place was hiring. I then proceeded to apply to Walgreen's & CVS today as well. My next plan of action is to apply to Subway and Dollar General...we'll see what happens. I need to check the Monster job boards and see if there are any job opportunities there.
I hope to be able to be online everyday this week, but we'll see how that goes. Aaron is coming up next Monday and bringing his laptop so I will be able to go to the wifi hot spots on campus and not feel like I am checking illegal sites on campus computers (i.e. facebook & xanga.)
God bless,
-Ashley
No comments:
Post a Comment