Saturday, August 30, 2008

home

I decided to come home for the long weekend, in an effort to keep my sanity. It has been lonely this past week because everyone seems to be come from the apartments and no one is at the school. I'm excited for Tuesday and getting to meet new people in my classes. I plan to apply for a few jobs inbetween my classes on Tuesday as well (at a local grocery store and at Subway.) I need to bring in some income because Aaron and I are going to have a lot of bills come November. I got our renters insurance taken care of yesterday, but that will be the cheapest of all our bills ($9.50 a month.) On top of that we will have rent, electricity, health insurance, and car insurance. Needless to say we probably won't have internet for quite some time! Hopefully we'll get our budget figured out and we won't have to worry about our finances.



We've started to get RSVPs in the mail and it is so exciting to go to the mailbox! I wish that I could be home to get them everyday! So far they have all been yeses, which is good. Also, the engagement pictures are posted on the photographers website. If you're interested in seeing them, let me know and I'll give you the web address and the password for our account. Today, I decided on how to do the boutonners and I started the bridesmaids bouquets. I'm pretty happy with how they turned out, but I think my mom will be able to make them look even better. I'm also going to get the favor tags printed up. Tonight, mom and I are going to the local bridal shop to try on mother-of-the-bride dresses and I'm going to decide on which length veil I want.



The shower is less than a month away and I'm very excited. Not only do I get to see Holly who I haven't seem in forever, but I get to be home again! Plus I'll get lots of cool stuff for the apartment.



I'm close to finishing a few things on my list so look for those updates sometime in the future. My 101 things list was the whole purpose of this blog, but it has been more of an afterthought as my entries have been consumed with wedding planning!



As far as wedding stuff goes, I still have to:


  • buy pink paper for favors

  • buy leaves for the boutonneres

  • finish my bouquet/bridesmaids bouquets

  • confirm the DJ...he hasn't gotten in touch with me since we sent him the deposit

  • confirm the menu

  • call the organist/find someone to play

  • book a hotel room

  • decide on readers for the ceremony & pick the scripture

  • print up the programs

There are probably a lot of other things I'm missing, but off the top of my head, that is what I have left to do.


-Ashley

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i hope you had a great time at home :) i am soo excited to see you too!!! i'm having such a fun time putting stuff together with your mom for your shower...it will be so good!!! ok well i'm sure i'll talk to you soon--give me a call later this week or i will call you..i want to know how your classes go :)

<3 holly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...