Wednesday, September 3, 2008

day two

Today is my long day of class. I have two classes that roughly add up to 6 hours of class. Thankfully they are both in the morning/afternoon so I have the evening to work on homework. I had my SPAM class yesterday and I absolutely love it. It is a class to explore our own spirituality and discover what our beliefs are and what has shaped our calling to ministry. I am very excited to get into the readings, the first book is all about being overwhelmed in life. I wish I could have had this book last semester! For all of the classes, we begin each class (and usually end each class) with some form of worship. In my SPAM class we all have to sign up for a day to lead worship before and after class. Sometimes it is just readings from the Bible, or prayer but other times it is holding hands and singing songs. I can already see a difference in my life now that I am focusing on God in all aspects of my life. My homework for SPAM class consists of 20 minutes each day practicing a new form of worship (from a book.) As nervous as I am for all the reading and keeping up with all that is due, I am very excited for the many opportunities I now have to experience God on a daily basis.

In finance news, no job yet. I found a mall that is about 10 miles from here so I'm going to go apply tomorrow after class (I think I wrote down 22 places to apply!) I paid our first months rent (plus 10 days from last month) and discovered that I can afford to pay my fees out of my stipend as well...I don't have to pay my books off until December and by then I should have another scholarship cleared. This means Aaron and I have a little extra money buffered into this months bills. I am still uncertain as to how much the electric bill is going to be.

Mom said more people have sent their RSVP, which is exciting. Unfortunately no one has not wanted to come, which means our "B" list may not receive any invitations. Holly said she is getting out the shower invitations sometime this weekend which is very exciting as well!

So far this has been a good week and I'm looking forward to the weeks to come. Once I get into a routine of class, homework, and hopefully working I think things will get even better. I miss having someone to share a room with/a place with; it does get lonely. That just means I get to catch up with people on the phone to keep myself company! Last night I watched a lot about Sarah Palin to keep myself occupied (in between doing readings) and I am very excited about her. So excited that I registered absentee in order to vote in the election and convinced Aaron to register to vote (he likes her as well.) I am excited for this election and I feel very honored to get the opportunity to vote in it. I pray nothing bad will transpire from this controversial election.

I will update tomorrow after I apply to 20 different places. Hopefully the mall won't be too hard to find or too big to navigate (it's supposed to be the largest mall in either the city or the state?) I'll find out tomorrow!

God bless,
-Ashley

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...