Friday, August 1, 2008

debt is not for the faint at heart...or those with little self-control

After safely managing my credit card bills for over a year, I have finally reached the point where my purchases are far exceeding my monthly income. I vowed that last month would be the last the month in which I had to pay my bill three days before its' due date, but alas, I did it again this month. My bill will reach $500 by the time the bill period ends (any day now). I figure I have to make roughly $111 a week in order to pay it off in time. Luckily, Aaron is going to help me, and my parents said they would help. This is the absolute LAST month of a high credit card bill. I will only use my card to pay for gas because I should not need to make any other purchases this month. Wedding stuff has been creeping up on me and instead of asking my parents to help in the first place, I just buy things and I have exceeded my limit. I have learned from my mistake(s) and as soon as the bill is paid off and I no longer need it for gas, I will be canceling my card. Aaron and I have budget worked out beginning in September so we can pay for everything with cash.

I'm leaving in a few hours to go camping with my young adult group. We're taking two pontoon boats out tomorrow and hopefully tubing, swimming, and just hanging out. I'm bringing Apples to Apples, Scacttergories, sand toys, and a radio. I feel like I'm packing way too much stuff for only a 2 day trip, but it's cool.

My dress and shoes are here. I love them both and I can't wait to wear them in three months. The best part is that both items are wearable after the wedding. The dress is uber comfy and a nice casual dress that I can wear for pretty much anything (church, dinner, weddings, etc.) The shoes are super cute and they'll be perfect in the winter with a pair of jeans or a pencil skirt. I like when I make sensible purchases that also double as indulgences :) I refrained from buying the rest of the supplies to make the programs, because I want to see what my mom thinks of the idea. Aaron seemed a bit unsure, but I think that's because I've been going overboard with DIY projects and he doesn't care if they are printed on preprinted programs or if I design them myself.

Anyways, I'll be back sometime Sunday and then we should be having youth group. We didn't have it last week, so hopefully it'll work out this week.

Have a blessed day,
-Ashley

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

your dress and shoes are so adorable! at first when i read that i thought you meant your wedding dress and i was like WOW your mom works fast, lol! but then i looked back and saw the other one :-P silly me! i think those shoes are so adorable and i think it is awesome that you aren't wearing white/ivory shoes with your dress--it's very original and so you :) i had a blast on saturday and i cannot WAIT until all of the wedding activities start up in the fall! and remember i am only a phonecall and about an hour and a half drive away if you need me to help with your DIY projects :) love you!!!

<3 holly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...