Sunday, December 23, 2007

2 Days til Christmas

41. Make my own recipe (December 21, 2007)

We've been baking like crazy for Christmas; all of the usual recipes have been covered (i.e. scotcharoos, 7-layer cookies, cheese cake). Aaron mentioned he loves chocolate covered turtles so I thought I'd give them a try. Mine ended up being chocolate dipped and they were more like drops of caramel and peanuts rather than turtles or bars, but they taste delish! This was my first attempt at making caramel and it was seriously tough stuff! Oh and it became my own recipe because I used peanuts instead of pecans and I used less corn syrup so my caramel wasn't as caramely.

My favorite part of Christmas (besides trying to find the perfect gift for everyone), is looking at everyone's Christmas decorations. I love the outdoor light displays, the trees, and especially the unique Nativity scenes. I keep meaning to take a picture of the tree at Aaron's house because it's a live tree (we've never had one before), but I keep forgetting. Here is the one at my house as well as our Nativity set.

Check back after Christmas for an update of how Christmas went. I'll be with Aaron's family for Christmas Eve day then he'll be with my family for the evening and then I'll be spending Christmas with my family.
God bless :-)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...