Friday, November 2, 2007

Young Adult Retreat

5. Go canoeing or paddle boating (August 11, 2007)

I technically didn't complete this one properly, but that's okay. Instead of going canoeing or paddle boating I went white-water rafting. In August I had a chance to go with a group of my friends from youth group and we took a "young adult" trip to PA. My first experience white-rafting was pretty amazing. Despite the fact that only one person in our raft had gone before, we handled ourselves quite well! I really would love to go again. Unfortunately I was not able to get any pictures while we were rafting (cameras were kind of frowned upon), but I have a picture of Jenny and I looking over one of the falls that was part of the river we were on.

9. Have a camp out (August 11-12, 2007)
60. Cook over an open fire (August 11, 2007)


Along with white-water rafting, we went camping. It was only for one night but it was seriously camping! We girls were unable to stand the horrible restrooms so we resorted to using the woods (hey guys can do it!) We stayed in tents and cooked all of our food over the fire...take that for being a city girl :-P This is a picture of the girls' tent and the fire we cooked over.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...