Monday, February 25, 2013
E is 7 months :)
Sleep: We have had some slight improvements, but in many ways, we are still in the same position we were last month. She is officially out of the swing and taking all of her naps in the pack n play (woo hoo!) She also sleeps the first part of the night (max of 2 hours) in the pack n play. We've hit a bit of a routine this past week that looks something like this: up at 7-7:30; naps at 9, 1, and 4; bed 7:30-8. Her morning nap is typically longer than an hour with her other 2 naps between a half hour and 45 minutes. We are still co-sleeping and I got into the bad habit of nursing her to sleep when we moved her from the swing to the pack n play. My goal this month is to stop nursing her to sleep and I have a feeling she'll be spacing out her naps even more and possibly be dropping her evening nap. W at 7 months was about the exact same as her, so I'm not too worried yet.
Food: At her 6 month appointment her dr said she'd like her to have rice cereal with pear juice for breakfast and a puree at lunch and dinner. E had a different idea though and has continued to refuse any puree I've given her. This past week I gave up because I was throwing all the food away and it was such a big waste, not to mention she was spitting it and getting it everywhere. We went back to baby-led weaning and she has been doing great. I don't think she is actually consuming much if anything, but she loves gnawing on fruits and veggies (she even grabbed a piece of sausage last night and gnawed on it for 10 minutes!) This is working for us and I'm just praying she puts on enough weight from nursing that they won't make me force purees on her. She goes for another weight check in 2 weeks.
Diaper size: 2
Clothes: She still fits length-wise in 0-3 month onesies but she needs 3-6 month for sleeve length, pants, and PJs. Her proportions are just like mine; short torso and long legs.
Weight: At her 6 month appointment, she weighed 12 lbs 13 oz (3rd percentile)
Length: 25 inches (14th percentile)
Development: She is continuing to babble a lot, and W is always encouraging her to say "dada" (in fact, he gets mad when I try to get her to say "mama"). She is sitting on her own and attempting to go from a seated position to crawling, but she doesn't have the coordination yet. She is pulling up on everything and really prefers to be standing rather than sitting or laying on her belly.
Favorites: Teething rings, toys that make noise & light up (she loves the Violet dog from Leap Frog and an octopus toy from Little Einsteins), and watching Yo Gabba Gabba (this show creeps me out but she loooves it).
Pics from this month:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Awwww what a cutie!
xoxox,
CC
Oh she is so adorable!!
There are some days I still can't believe you are a mama to these 2 beautiful little babies :) You are doing such a wonderful job at raising them!! I can't believe how big they are BOTH getting and I can't WAIT to see you soon!!!
Post a Comment