Tuesday, December 11, 2012

my little boy turns 2

This past Wednesday, my little boy turned 2 years old.  These past 2 years have flown by.  We had two celebrations for his birthday.  One was with A's family when we were in Ohio and the other was when we were back home with our family of 4 + my parents.  Here are some pics from the 2 celebrations:
 Got icing on his hand trying to grab Mater off his cake.  He was must more excited to play with Mater & Lightning McQueen than eating cake.

Playing on his Grandma & Pappy's bed with balloons. He had sooo much fun.

Opening up some Lego sets

The LeapPad 2 from his aunt & uncle

Pics from his birthday:
W with his favorite person, his Meemaw

Cheesing it up with Meemaw & Poppy

Licking the cake batter

Loving his dye-free cake :)

 Playing with the tractor book from Aunt Holly

Here are some stats on my wonderful toddler:
*Can count to 12 in English and 10 in Spanish
*Can sing the alphabet
*Can recognize all the letters and their sounds (thanks to the Letter Factory for that)
*Can recognize most colors and shapes
*He loves every kind of vehicle, especially trucks
*He likes to build with his blocks
*His favorite movie is The Land Before Time (Cars and Finding Nemo are tied for 2nd)
*His favorite TV shows are: Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood, Team Umizoomi, and  Bubble Guppies

He does some amazing things, but he is definitely a 2-year-old.  Timeouts happen multiple times a day, and I often find him putting himself into timeout when he knows he has done something he wasn't supposed to (I love that I see his personality developing with this).  He mostly sleeps through the night, unless his teeth are bothering him (still have all four 2nd year molars to wait on).  He takes one nap at around 12:30 that is typically around 2 hours.  We were struggling with him repeatedly taking his clothes and diaper off thus messing everywhere, but we solved this by putting zippered PJs on backwards (so far no issues).  He finally stopped fighting his naps (knock on wood), but that was a good month-long battle!  His favorite person in the entire world is his Meemaw, with E coming in close 2nd (A and I apparently aren't high on his list, lol).  He frequently asks to hold his sister and brings her toys to play with.  We haven't had too many jealousy or sharing issues, but I know they will come.  We have been exclusively dye-free for the a week and a half (we started before then, but it hadn't been completely eliminated).  He was having some behavioral issues and I have noticed a big improvement since we made the change.  I'm not sure if he has a dye intolerance, but this is working for us so we're going with it.  I plan to bring it up at his 2-year appointment.

His 2-year appointment isn't until the end of January, but on our home scale he is around 26 pounds (25th percentile) and he's roughly 36 inches tall (87th percentile).  His clothes sizes are all over the place, just depends on the brand.  He needs 2T for length, but 24 months in order for them to not fall down and his shirts are 18 months or 24 months, depending.  His shoe size is 7.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Time flies! I can remember waiting for the post to announce that he was born. I can't believe it's been 2 years. Happy Birthday!! Sounds like he had lots of fun.

Miranda said...

wow what a smart boy! happy 2 year birthday!

Holly said...

The pic of him and your mom is adorable, so is the one after with your mom and dad--he is so silly!! What a good kid he is, though, that he knows when he does something bad. You're raising a wonderful little boy with a big heart and a crazy personality! And I'm glad the dye-free diet has been working! And that he loves E :)

Callie said...

I can't believe how big he is - so cute! Happy Birthday to your boy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...