(not the best quality, but I took her official pic on my camera and can't seem to locate it at the moment)
Sleep: Miss E takes a nap every 1.5-2 hours. Her naps are generally an hour, but her morning one is usually 2 hours. She is still taking all of her naps in the swing right now, but W did the same thing until 6 months. Nighttime has been rough. We are still co-sleeping after she wakes up around midnight (she typically sleeps 9-11 or 12 in the swing and won't go back to sleep in the swing). She is a very restless sleeper and is typically up 3-4 times a night, not really to nurse, but just to be comforted. She won't take a pacifier so we're still trying to figure out what works best for her (swaddling seems to help, but she breaks free from it quickly).
Food: E is still exclusively nursing. We've tried bottles with no luck, but hoping the kind Danielle is sending me will be "the one" :) My pediatrician doesn't recommend starting food before 6 months, so we're going to wait until her 6 month appointment to even consider it. She has been nursing so well and I just don't see the need to introduce cereal right now. W's pediatrician started him at 3 months because of spitting up (which never helped), but we're waiting with E. She nurses every 2.5-3 hours and always seems to be satisfied.
Diaper size: Size 2
Weight: 11 lbs 8 oz (5th percentile) - she is going back at the beginning of January for a weight check as they are concerned she dropped down a percentile from 2 months. I'm praying she puts some weight on before then because they said I'll have to supplement with formula. I think there is nothing wrong with her, but the dr seems to disagree.
Length: 23 inches (5th percentile)
Clothes: Still mostly 0-3 month, but she needs 3-6 month onesies and pants for length (the pants are huge on her waist though)
Development: E has rolled from front to back and back to front in the past month. She also loves sitting up, although she is still a supported sitter. She really enjoys tummy too, which I found to be surprising because most babies don't!
Pics from this past month:
An attempt to get all 3 cousins in a pic on Thanksgiving. E was wearing her "First Thanksgiving" bow from Danielle :)
Our trip to Ohio was slightly easier this time with E's new carseat. I saw it at Danielle's house and fell in love with it. It seems to be super comfortable (and safe) so I definitely recommend the Graco MyRide 65
We had a girl's day at a winery with Aunt Holly :)
She is always covered in stickers...thanks big brother!
1 comment:
Oh my goodness, she is so, so cute!
Post a Comment