Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Bows, Dresses, and Shoes! Oh my! [guest post]

Today I have Danielle from This is the Stuff guest posting on what it's like having a little girl.  If you haven't checked out the adorableness of Lexi, you're missing out!  Danielle has been my go-to mama, and she puts up with all my craziness...and she's helped me navigate the girl-world after emerging from a sea of cars and trucks into everything pink and girly!

Hello everyone! I am so honored to be guest posting while Ashley rests & cuddles that beautiful new daughter of hers! (Isn't she a beauty?!) I can't wait to meet her! First of all, thank you Ashley for asking me to do my first ever guest post! I am a mama to a 19 month old cupcake baby! I am no expert at this mom gig, that is for sure. We have learned so much on this wonderful & challenging journey. We have made mistakes and I am sure there will be more. When we got pregnant, from day one I knew it was a girl! I was over-joyed even thinking about having a little princess. The dresses, bows, pigtails, sleepovers, mother/daughter days, proms, weddings, grandbabies, you name it. This isn't at all to say you don't have this with a boy- it is just different with a girl. The thought of having a boy scared me to death. I was raised with a sister, so that is what I knew. I feel so very blessed to be a 'girl mama'. I would love to have a stud muffin man one day, but we will see what God's will holds for us.

When we told everyone our baby was going to be a 'Lexi' we were told 'good luck!' by many people. A lot of people claimed boys were easier. I didn't want to hear that or believe it- I got exactly what I was dreaming of! Some days I wonder though, haha.

We have quite the drama queen & girly girl on our hands. She begs us to put bows in her hair and shoes on her feet. She is a huge cuddle buh and loves to give kisses! She loves baby dolls and hates getting her hands dirty and bugs. This girl has rhythm like she was born to dance- she definitely doesn't get that from me. She gets her feelings hurt easily and pouts and cries if you look at her the wrong way. She is a girly gorl to her core- and I love that about her. As she gets older I always want her to know how beautiful she is-inside and out, even when she isn't acting like it. I want her to use her manners and call ladies ma'am even when she is old enough to be called ma'am. I want her to be a strong woman of the Lord and to fear him. I pray for her husband one day that he loves the Lord first and my daughter second. I pray for her teen years because those scare me! Ultimately, I think if you pray over your little blessing and give it to God, you can't go wrong. 'If God be for us, who can be against us?'

1 comment:

Holly said...

I hope that I have a little girl one day because I loved dressing up when I was little!! Lexi is adorable and I know that her an E would have so much fun if you guys lived closer :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...