Monday, April 2, 2012

a giveaway in honor of my 25th birthday

April 25th is my 25th birthday...I've always been kind of excited about this birthday because I get to be 25 on the 25th :) I've decided to do a green-living themed giveaway that will begin today and end at midnight on the 25th so I can announce the winner later in the day. I love winning giveaways and so I figured it was about time to sponsor my own. I decided to include my favorite Burt's Bees products. I've used their stuff for probably close to 10 years, and it's rare I come across a product I dislike.  The winner will get:
Head to Toe Kit includes: Soap Bark & Chamomile Deep Cleansing Cream (my favorite facial cleanser), Hand Salve (perfect for dry patches), Naturally Nourishing Milk Honey Lotion (has an amazing smell of honey), Fabulously Fresh Peppermint Rosemary Body Wash (sadly I haven't tried this product, but it has been on my wishlist for awhile), Coconut Foot Cream (this is a summer staple for me), and Beeswax Lip Balm (who doesn't love their lip balm...it's even my husband's favorite).  I'm also including a Lip Shimmer in Champagne (I have tried 4 or 5 of their colors, this one is the most versatile and it has the same peppermint goodness as their regular lip balm).

I'm going to keep this giveaway simple and straightforward. Giveaway will only be open to US addresses (sorry to anyone who is international!) There will be one mandatory entry and one optional entry. Please leave a comment for EACH task you complete. I will use random.org to pick the winning comment that corresponds with the number. Please leave your email address with your comment as well (post it in this form so you don't get spam: demureprincess7(at)gmail(dot)com). I will post the winner on here, but I will email them as well!

Mandatory Entry: Share a green lifestyle tip with me! I'm always looking for new ideas. (I'd be especially grateful for a safe and effective way to rid my home of spiders).

Optional Entry: Be a public follower of my blog

15 comments:

Shauna said...

Happy birthday!!!

My green tip: You can install a dual flush on your toilet for $20 and super easy installation! I'm going to post about this soon :)!

- Shauna Our Emerald City

Samantha said...

For a nasty mess in a wooden cutting board, use COARSE SALT and drizzle lime or lemon juice to clean and then vinegar to disinfect!

samantharpowers (At) yahoo(dot) com)

Samantha said...

I'm a follower!!!

samantharpowers (At) yahoo(dot) com

Danielle said...

We make our own homemade cleaners (which you already know) and recently we just switche out all pur lightbulbs for energy Efficient ones! I think thatll help a bit ;)

Danielle said...

Definitely a follower! How could i not be?! :)

Miranda said...

I follow you of course! mlco5775(at)gmail(dot)com

Miranda said...

the only green thing i can think of right now that i do (that i know you already do) is use reusable bags for shopping....its so much better and we get 5 cents off a bag!!!

mlco5775(at)gmail(dot)com

Holly said...

Unfortunately we don't do a lot of "green" lifestyle stuff at my house, but my sister does and they use rain barrels and compost a TON! It saves them a lot of money off their water bill, and they have much less garbage :)

Holly said...

And of COURSE I'm a follower ;)

Brittany, Daman, and Sophie Munk said...

YAY! happy bday! i am turning 25 this year too... i can't believe how many similarities we have!
green tip: Use lemon essential oils down the garbage disposal to not only clean it but to get rid of the yucky smells!
trends250@gmail.com

Brittany, Daman, and Sophie Munk said...

i'm a follower! trends250@gmail.com

Shauna said...

And I'm a follower :)

Unknown said...

We recently installed a new shower head in our shower that uses 1/2 the water than normal shower heads, and it still feels great! :) Also, we changed all our light bulbs to energy efficient light bulbs.
stace_lynn06(at)yahoo(dot)com

Louise said...

Happy birthday! Ooh it's coming up! For my green tip, I will recommend this post on using coconut oil as a beauty product.

Louise said...

And I'm a follower! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...