Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Our Big News

I know that everyone has been dying to know our big news (ok just humor me...)

A was offered a really amazing job on Friday. Everything about it is perfect, except that it's not in Ohio. It has the right money, a house, a cell phone, and the same great health insurance we currently have.

The downside?

It means we are relocating... to FLORIDA!

Oh and it starts next month...

It has been a whirlwind past few days. They needed to know ASAP as to whether or not he wanted it and so we talked extensively about it and made the decision on Sunday. I rushed around to quit my job and drop out of school. My anxiety level has been at a 10 with all the stuff that is changing in our lives, but I know this opportunity is from God. I had been praying for a new and better financial opportunity to come our way, I just didn't know what I was praying for. We're both very nervous to be so far away from family but we're also staying very positive about the whole thing.

I'm planning to start a private blog to document W and to update family and friends about our new lives. If you are interested in being added to the list, leave your email address in a comment and/or send me an email (demureprincess7(at)gmail(dot)com) and I'll add you to the list once it's up and running. This will be a way to not have to censor as much especially with us moving on our own and not having a feeling of "security". This will still be my main blog and I will continue to update about my life on it, but more personal stuff will show up on the other blog.

Also, if there are any Florida bloggers out there reading, I would love to chat! I have no idea what I'm getting into in the Sunshine State :)

8 comments:

Louise said...

Oh Ashley! I am so thankful for this wonderful answer to your prayers. What a whirlwind!! I know it is a very anxious time for you and your family, so I hope that everything goes very smoothly and settles down nicely for you. It even includes a house! Oh my! I would love to keep up with your private blog. :) Please know you're in my prayers during this time of transition!

Meredyth said...

Congrats on the job offer and upcoming move. I am sure it will be scary being away from your family, but it will be a great opportunity for you guys. Good luck with packing. If you want me to send any boxes with Holly when you see her next, let me know. I always get a ton from Tastefully Simple. I believe you have my email address -- can you add me to the blog list?

Holly said...

While I am SOOOOO excited for you guys, I'm going to miss you sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much :( :( :( But I plan to come visit as soon as I can!!!! I sure hope that's ok ;) And put me on that list!!!!! (please!)

Love you bff!!!! <3 Let's have a girl's night SOON!!!!!!

Samantha said...

http://www.raisingrylin.com/ is a florida momma!

I'm emailing you my email. Best wishes for this move!!!

Anonymous said...

How exciting!! I grew up in Florida. Lived there 18 years. :) I'm not sure I can help, but I don't mind trying.

Danielle said...

Awesome!! So exciting yet scary, I understand!! I am sure it will be so worth it!! I definitely want to be invited :) vincent.danielle@ymail.com
our babies are so close in age:)

Mrs. Bartholomew said...

AHH! Ashley that's awesome! Congrats to you both! I hope everything goes well for you. Florida's weather definitely beats Ohio's :)

Jessica said...

WOW!! What big news!! I know I am incredibly late in posting this. haha. I read it the day you posted it, but on my phone, so I'm just getting around to commenting today. Can't wait to hear all about it! I'm praying that everything goes smoothly for you guys :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...