Monday, September 26, 2011

i < 3 ohio - Columbus

I'm so excited to introduce Michelle of Brunette & Blessed for this week's feature. She is showcasing our state capital! I'm embaressed to say I've only been to the Short North from her list and it was only to visit Jeni's Ice Cream, but I really want to check out these places she has mentioned!




Hey Everyone. I am happy to be doing a guest post for the lovely Ashley over at Introverted Mama.



She thought up this great idea to help connect bloggers from OHIO. I loved it and when she asked me if I would consider doing a guest post I was more than excited.



We are all writing a post about our cities and some of the great things that you can find to do here.



I am a proud resident of Ohio's capital Columbus.



This will be pretty hard.



I find new things every time I turn around.



I could blog about things like the classes that are offered where you can take a painting class and drink wine.



I could also blog about the local shopping at Polaris and Easton.



Instead I have decided to feature the things that are unique about Columbus. The things that make this city great and every visitor should try out if they are in the area.



#1





The Ohio State University Stadium



We Ohio State Fans take our football very seriously. However, I don't recommend going to the game if you are going to support the opposing team though...



Campus turns into a buzz of activity.



There are street vendr's...street meat...scalpers....and lots of street parties.



If you support the team it is a welcoming and must see environment.




#2









Columbus has the #1 children's science museum in the USA. This is not just a much of exhibits where you walk thought mindlessly. Kids can touch/play and experiment.



If you have a child who is at all interested in the sciences. This is a must see.



I even worked here for about a year and I cant think of enough good things to say about it.



COSI is not just for kids either. I always had friends who wanted to come and play at COSI.



If you brave enough you can also become a high wire unicyclist.




#3












Crew Stadium
The Columbus Crew soccer team has been highly under valued. Soccer is still catching on in the USA...but the Columbus Crew has been the team to beat for years.



The atmosphere is contagious.



If you are sitting in the supporters section, do not expect to stop cheering or sit for even a second.



They are deadly serious about "Football" as they would say.



#4









It is a breathtakingly beautiful space in the middle of the city.



They host events all the time where you can come see an orchid or butterfly garden.



They also host events for cooking classes, yoga and tons of other activities.



#5









Gallery Hop is when the short north stays open till around 12 midnight. All the store/ice cream shops/ art galleries stay open to accommodate visitors in the city.



The streets become alive with artist, music and dancing.



This is such a fun thing to do. The strip is long and you never know what treasures you will find in private boutiques.





Well I have given you my top five mentions for Columbus, OH.



I hope that if you are here you will take the time to visit just a few of our many attractions.



There are so many more that it was hard to limit what I choose to write about.




I decided on these because they are some of my personal favorites.




Thanks again for letting me guest blog Ashley. If you want to hear more from me you can find me over at Brunette and Blessed.

4 comments:

Holly said...

Awesome! I just went to an OSU game for the first time this weekend and LOVED it!! And we used to go to COSI all the time as kids, I want to go back sometime to see if it's changed much at all. Your recommendations are great!

Emily said...

I love this idea! I found you through Brunette and Blessed and I also live in Ohio (Columbus, too)! I'm your newest follower :)it

BeckyJo606 said...

Columbus is so cool! I love this idea of showcasing different cities!! :) Found your blog through Brunette and Blessed! :)

Meredyth said...

Ashley, you should definitely take Wylie to COSI when he gets a little bigger. I bet he would love all of the hands on interactive stuff.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...