Wednesday, August 3, 2011

giveaway promotion & blog award

First off I'd like to promote an awesome giveaway my best friend is hosting/sponsoring. She's giving away some awesome Mary Kay products and although I'm hoping I win (the cream blush is my favorite, and I love the pretty pink color she's giving away), I'd love to see a bunch of people enter her giveaway. The only required entry is to be a follower of her blog, but seriously, she's a pretty awesome blog to follow! You have until August 9 to enter!
Also, I was given a blog award by the awesome running and mama blogger at Taking it On. I have been asked to share 7 deep thoughts about myself! I feel like a boring person, but we'll see how deep things get...
  1. I really don't like other people's kids. To clarify, I don't like watching other people's kids. I love my son and I would have 10 children if God were to bless us with that many (and if A were on board with that). I just feel so awkward with other kids. I don't know what to do with them and I especially don't know how to discipline them. Please don't read that that I hate your children if I'm reading your mom blog, just know that I love looking at them from afar!
  2. I sometimes I wish I would have gone with my first career choice in college. I really wanted to be a geologist and specialize in pollution control, but I found out too late that the school I chose only had physical geology as a major (dealing with rocks exclusively) and not something that focused more on the environmental side of geology. I still daydream about what it would be like to work for the EPA. Do you think they hire people with a BA in religious studies and psychology (and an eventual MA in Clinical Counseling)?
  3. I am scared to death to be a counselor. I am afraid of having a client I won't know how to help. I know that this fear is good and that too much confidence can lead to mistakes (and mistakes often = death). I think I will become more comfortable after I start seeing clients, at least I hope so.
  4. I don't talk to a single person from high school (okay, so I talk to mrs. weez through blogs but we didn't graduate together). I had friends in high school, but none of them were people I really connected with or had a lasting relationship with. I made most of my lasting friendships through camp and through youth group, and I am fine with that! I find myself wondering if I'll ever go to a reunion. Maybe 25 or 30-year?
  5. The reason I don't work out is not because I'm lazy, but because I get bored with repetition. I have to change up my routine daily or else I won't stick with something for more than two days (this is why I don't run, go on an elliptical, or cycle). I'm going to start doing a weekly fitness post in September which will hopefully keep me motivated to work out 4-5 days a week. I always feel so much better after working out, I just need to find something that entertains me.
  6. I am a blog stalker. I am subscribed to about 50 blogs through Google Reader, but I have about 25 more blogs in my favorites that I read daily as well. It's not so much that I don't want to follow their blogs, they are typically special interest blogs that I don't care to publicly follow. Does this sound super stalkerish??
  7. We're starting to house shop and I'm being super picky. I know I shouldn't be picky because we have such a small budget, but I feel like there are some things I'm not willing to sacrifice. For example I want: 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms, windows in the kitchen and preferably dining room, a front porch, and I would love a 2-story home. We've only just started looking at homes in our area and we haven't toured any yet, but I'm really hoping to find a winner that meets all my criteria!
Now I'd love to award 7 other bloggers! I tag these 7 totally awesome bloggers, you should definitely check them out:

Holly at Perfectly Imperfect
Louise at Wonderful World of Weez
Jessica at Called to Serve
Danielle at This is the Stuff
Callie at Through Clouded Glass
Stacy at The Haines Family Blog
Samantha at Where the Green Grass Grows

5 comments:

XLMIC said...

You are my clone. Our similarities based on your answers are unnerving. Really. You're freaking me out :P

Holly said...

Thanks for the giveaway promotion! :)

And I think you would have been an awesome geologist :) I only really talk to 1 person from high school, but I've been friends with her since preschool. I don't like running into people I graduated with when I'm out somewhere because I hate making small talk with them...blah.

If you have 10 children can I be your live-in nanny? :)

Jessica said...

Thanks for the award!

I am the same way with people from high school. I just wasn't really very close with anyone in my class and hung out more with people from youth group. I was just wondering the other day if I'll ever go to a class reunion. Our 10-year is in 2 years (yikes!) and I don't think I feel like I have any desire to go.

I'm also the same with blogs. I follow a lot of blog, but have a ton of other ones bookmarked that I read all the time. I don't want to follow them because, like you said, most of them are special interest blogs and I only read them when I'm in a specific mood.

Louise said...

Ashley, thank you for the blog award!! That is so sweet! :) What an honor!
I loved your deep thoughts. I feel the same way about other people's kids. I think all children are wonderful and I love them from a distance, but it's so hard to know what to do with them when they aren't your own. I especially struggle with the discipline issues. I also find that I have a hard time with kids older than my own. I don't have experience babysitting or interacting with kids, so if I'm with a child of an age my child has never been (which is most ages!) I'm totally lost.
And I'm so with you on not talking to people from high school. Of course, I do regularly interact with one guy from my graduating class. ;) And my college roommate graduated with me, too. But that's really it! I don't know if our class will have a 10-year reunion in a couple years, but neither Colin nor I would be particularly interested in going.
There's no reason not to look for what you want in a house! I think it's good that you have some specifications figured out! I hope you find your dream house and that it's in a great location at a good price! :)

Callie said...

Hold out for the dream house! There are so many under-priced hosues on the market these days, if you hold out long enough you'r bound to find it!

Thanks so much for the award! It was so sweet of you to think of passing it on to me! :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...