Don't get me wrong, I'm a wife and mom so I have this "mature"-thing down pretty good, but most days we don't act like adults. Living on our own for the past 3 years, we have gotten kinda
- We let the dishes pile up for awhile until we run out of forks or the pile starts to fall into the sink
- We rarely clean (this has gotten better post-baby). To be fair, we hardly ever have company so there just doesn't seem to be a need to clean when it doesn't bother either of us.
- We have never made our bed. EVER. (see above)
I'm happy to report that in our first week living here, we have in fact done all 3 of the above regularly. We are far from making this a habit, but 6 months more of this and we just may become real adults!
Here's a look at our cramped quarters:
Also, don't forget to contact me if you're an Ohio blogger and you'd like to write about your city for my "i <3 ohio" feature! I wrote about it here. My email is listed in the right-hand column of my blog.

6 comments:
Hehe, we are similarly "comfortable"! I never made our bed until I stopped working. Whenever I visit home, I'm always impressed by how tidy and clean my mom keeps their house. It either inspires me and I get a burst of energy to clean everything, or depresses me and makes me feel like our mess and dirt are insurmountable. I'm glad that things have been going well so far!
And I have to admit that I first read that as "we have never made out on our bed." Oops! It just seemed too funny not to share. ;)
Being an adult sucks when it comes to cleaning. I dread cleaning the toilets.
I think living with your folks is super challenging! I could NEVER do it for longer than ... 10 days. Kudos to you :)
I lived with my parents with my husband and 2 kids for 3 months while our house was being built... it was certainly interesting! I love my parents, but I was glad for it to be over to say the least! lol :)
I just became your newest follower! Would love for you to check out the blog I just started with my sister and follow us back if you'd like! :)
Also, check out the giveaway we are doing for a Tiffany & Co. necklace!
Blessings,
Kat
www.maryanddyer.blogspot.com
Oh yeah.. and good luck with your parents. We lived with Jon's parents for 3 weeks and it was not too bad.. until the last week when all the clutter drove me mad because I had nowhere to bake Christmas cookies or put together presents. I am so glad it only lasted for 3 weeks.
Thanks for your comment!! We lived with my parents over a year and a half ago, so I'm glad for it to be over.
I did the Kim pictures back to back, lol! :) And I do think she is a style icon.
Have a good day!
Hope you have had the chance to check out our Tiffany & Co. necklace giveaway!
Blessings,
Kat
www.maryanddyer.blogspot.com
Post a Comment