Does one take a nearly 8 month old camping? Like in a tent. In the woods. For 3 nights?
Details: We only just started W on a routine that has asleep around 7:30 and up around 6:30. He has started only waking twice in the night, but he is easily woken by sounds (I started playing background music in his room to help him sleep more soundly). He takes 2-3 naps a day, but once again, he wakes pretty easily.
Not only am I feeling overwhelmed by the amount of stuff I need to bring for a 3 day camping trip (did I mention that it's in a tent???) But I am literally near having an anxiety attack thinking about how this is going to completely undo all the work we've been doing for the past week in getting W to sleep in his own bed, for longer than 2 hours. I'm not going to lie, I don't think I have it in me to start from the beginning (8 months of very little sleep, is starting to wear on me).
I am so much of a people-pleaser so I am quite afraid to tell A's family we won't be camping out. I plan to go Friday and Saturday (it would be silly to go Thursday night and Sunday morning) because the campground is only about 25 minutes away.
Am I being crazy? If I am, please tell me, I won't be offended!
3 comments:
You know how I feel :) But I really think keeping him on a schedule is more important than pleasing them. He's 8 months old! Next year he will be almost 2 and will be running and able to enjoy it more...I don't see a problem with either not staying over or really just staying for one night if you have to.
if you go, i would give you props! that is alot for not only you but him as well! plus with the heat, you are brave! if you do i understand but If you dont thats understandable as well! I know what you mean about the sleeping thing.. we tried with Lexi and no such luck :/ she will prob sleep with us until she goes to prom! but hey at least we get to cuddle her :) maybe you could go during the day and spend some time with them? just a thought!
No, you're not being crazy!!! I must admit that I have never even been camping myself. BUT, I am familiar with baby sleep issues, and the great amount of effort that must be exerted by an already-exhausted mother to gently correct them. I think it's entirely reasonable for you to not take him camping at this time! (Plus, it's insanely hot!) I hope it all works out. :) I can identify with your people-pleasing tendencies!
Post a Comment