Wednesday, June 29, 2011

dress obsession

I have become obsessed with dresses, ever since I won this vintage beauty a few months ago:I haven't had a place to wear it yet, but I'm planning to wear it for our family pictures that we're taking in July.

Then my mom and I found a tutorial on Craft Gawker on refashioning teeshirts/tanks into dresses. Now I can't sew, but my mom is amazing and so she has made two dresses for me so far. I have a grey and purple one and a black and white one with a yellow belt (if I ever find time to upload, I will post pics!)

Over the weekend I went shopping at Kohl's with a gift card I have and I got this beautiful dress:
I think it'll be perfect for my internship. I picture it with a brown cardigan and a brown belt with some cream flats...although I'm looking at some red flats right now...

Finally, I won this gorgeous dress from Shabby Apple. I have been entering giveaways for Shabby Apple dresses for over a year now, and it finally paid off!!! (I am still entering giveaways for their dresses, because I'm hoping I'll have more luck). I haven't received it yet, but I love it.

I'm hoping to make a few more dresses (I mean, have my mom make a few more...)

Dresses make me feel so feminine and girly :)

1 comment:

Louise said...

I LOVE that vintage dress and the Shabby Apple dress you won! Way to go!! And I think the ensemble you described with the Kohl's dress will look beautiful as well. I've been developing a dress obsession of my own. I can't wait to go dress shopping again!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...