Saturday, June 11, 2011

birthday planning

Now that we're past the halfway point, I figured it's safe to start go public with plans for W's first birthday. Let's just say I might have been planning since he was like a month old. I am using the bib my bestest got for him in the hospital as the inspiration for the entire party.
I'm doing everything in shades of blue and green with a theme of circles. (I'm a literal person, what can I say?!) I have planned a delicious menu with lots of fresh fruits and veggies! Snacks: celery, blueberries, green peppers, cucumbers, green apples, kiwi, and all sorts of blue and green candy displayed on white plates and in glass jars. Main course: Pastina with peas and carrots from Giada (although I'm going to tweek the recipe to make it easier and cheaper to serve a lot of people).I'm going to serve blue and green juice in glass pitchers, and I want the kids that come to take home bouncing balls, balloons, and a jar full of bubble gum. Also, instead of a traditional cake I am going to make funfetti cupcakes with blue and green round sprinkles (and with white icing, I can't handle the colored frosting!) I'm looking at thrift stores for white serving wear and I'm hoping to find some cheap blue plasticware after the 4th of July.W's outfit is going to be a white onesie with a blue felt number "1" on the front. Something easy I can make :) Also, I have a green dress I plan to wear (ok, so is this one going a bit overboard?) I'm planning to make the invites, but I might end up ordering them off of a photo website. The idea I have for the ones I want to make:

Is a pinata too much? I think this one would be fun to make with blue and green circles...
Other decorating ideas:
I swear I'm not obsessed...

4 comments:

Danielle said...

my daughter just turned 6 mnths on the 7th and i literally have hers planned all in my head! everyone says im crazy! i see we think alike :) i like this!!! sounds like a very cute party! cant wait to see it come together!

XLMIC said...

Haahahahahah! you are too much! It is going to be a fab party :)

Holly said...

Ahhhhhh I want it to be December already!!! (for more than one reason, haha). Any help you need, you I'm there for ya ;) And my sister and I could always make cake balls, with blue and green chocolate?! It will be fun to celebrate his birthday with fun summery colors in the winter!! :) You're such a great mom!!!

Callie said...

Oh, how fun! I can't wait to see what you do - I may borrow some of your ideas for Wyatt's first birthday! :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...